Adelaide Fans Of Little Creatures.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DRUNK ARAB

Zen Arcade
Reaction score
Taken from Little Creatures email-

"Anyone in Adelaide in a couple of weeks should head to the Tasting Australia bash on the banks of the Torrens over the weekend of the 11th-12th October. Come and say g'day to us at our Little Creatures stand at the Adelaide River Precinct and hop into a Pale Ale or Rogers at the same time!"

Should be good to try both beers on tap. See you there?

TDA

yep i'll go and have myself some of that lovely stuff poured from the keg by the brewers.

can imagine what getting a park will be like.possibly not good.

i'll try and see if i can get some more insights maybe will need to kidnapp one of them.

on another subject have you got any english strong ale recipes your willing to share T.D.A.i am after some tips from the master.iam putting my own together just after your thoughts etc.

jayse, I am no master, but I am passionate.

I have yet to brew a Strong English ale but my CAMRA book has some recipe suggestions in it. I would recommend a longer boil for a bit of caramelization of the wort.
Of the Strong English ales I have tried I would say Marstons Owd Roger and Youngs Special London Ale are my favourites. If you want some of the Strong Ale recipes from Brew Your Own British Real Ale At Home then let me know and I will post them.
I will be brewing the same style before the weather gets too hot.

TDA

cool i would like to see some of what that book has to say etc.

i have put together some thoughts in a recipe i'll post it on another thread.if you could put some ideas etc on their.

oh i don't have to worry about temps anymore just built a cool room for fermenting.1.5m square.

Lucky *******. I'm in search of a fridge and will put a temperature controller on it so I can brew during our long hot summer.
One thing on the English ales jayse, have you tried out Marris Otter pale malt. It's F*cking lovely.

TDA

i'll be using the joe white traditional for awhile.but i'll get that M.O in the near future.

i'll get some pics of the cool room up.digicam has flat batteries right now.
i got the cool room panels for nothing plus a 2.5 hp aircon.

mebbe we can have a get together at the LC stand

I have used some of the floor malted Maris Otter from the shop

so lovely and malty, sigh. . .

English Strong Ale, too watery for me

gimme Russian Imperial Stout

;)

Jovial Monk

yes o.k i'll get to the R.I.S one day but this week is gunna be a strong.

i don't know yet what time i'll beable to get to the l.c stand yet.i will post later.

Back