Adelaide Brewers Hospitality

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
I told Zwickel how great the Adelaide brewers are and that we'd be able to show him around when he visits in Feb. (typical Germans always visit in the hottest bloody month)
I told him we just made a new airport for his arrival ;) , but he's driving from Melbourne .

"Ill stay for two or three days.
would be very nice to meet some homebrewer there in adelaide and have some homebrew together.
or what about some lovely location where we can get served a very good beer combined with a very good food (Seafood Id prefer, because one cantt get reasonable Seafood in Germany)- yum-yum."

I'd go to Eyre Peninsula for seafood.
Hmmm, fish and chips in someones brewshed? Who's got the brews to impress the Germans?

Then maybe a beer at the Ice Arena and a go on the slipperydips at Magic Mountain.

OK i'm out of ideas!

tangent said:
I told Zwickel how great the Adelaide brewers are and that we'd be able to show him around when he visits in Feb. (typical Germans always visit in the hottest bloody month)

Then maybe a beer at the Ice Arena and a go on the slipperydips at Magic Mountain.

OK i'm out of ideas!
[post="87416"][/post]​
You seen those slipery dips lately? Probably won't be much fun :(

You should take him to Grumpys Brewhaus :beer:

:huh:

I'm sure he'd be bored shitless by anything Germanic, so the German Arms is probably out.

Happy to have you guys up at the "BrewInn Barossa"

how about a trip to the riverland where that brewery is and all thoughs resturants are .
can't remember the towns name but it was on postcards the other week.

as far as seafood gose York penn is the place to go for a mixed bag and it not as far as eyre plus you can take your own brews with you ?
just a thought :D

del

There's a brewery in the Riverland?

Mildura is in the Sunraysia.

When I finished last vintage, I worked there for a day.

Two brews in one day, both Porters.

Stephen Nelson was great to talk to and get information from.

www.mildurabrewery.com.au

well..... apart from the eyre peninsula, yorke peninsula, the riverland, sunraysia, the barossa and adelaide hills :rolleyes: , anywhere in the city or suburbs of Adelaide?
I'm thinking of a taxi incorporated in this plan.
There's a pub with heaps of beers in North Adelaide but I can't remember the name of it.

There's heaps of pubs with heaps of beer in North Adelaide. Try the wellington, the archer and the lion for starters. Then take him out to the Wheatsheaf in Thebarton to see how few beers the north adelaide pubs really have.

And, of course, take him out to Grumpy's.

i think it is the one on the corner of oconnell street opposite the parkland at prospect rd end .?

i was under the impression that the "sunrisier" was in what they called the river land ? :blink:

didn't realize it was totally separate? as this didnt get a mention in the show :unsure:

del

it was postcards a south aussie show . any way it dont really matter what you call it it is MILDURA
can we all agree on that? LoL :D

I am pretty sure that they are 2 different regions in two different states. I think they may be seperated by aqis rules at the very least.

what show are you talking about? The riverland show?

the wheatie goes without saying.
that's a definite drink your way around the world of beers

If he wants seafood he'll be paying a fair amount, there are no cheap seafood restaurants in Adelaide let alone one with a decent beer list. Bets to buy some fresh fish from the markets and have a BBQ at someones house with good HB.

Pubs in a Adelaide. Many have already been mentioned, like the Wheatsheaf, Archers, Wellington, the Lion. Then there is FAD, a small bar with not a huge range on tap, but at least they have Little Creatures on tap. Then there's the Bar on Gouger, good range of beers and right in the heart of the restaurant strip. Worlds End has James Squire on tap and serves a pretty good meal.

But as most have said, Grumpys is hard to go past. Good food, good beer and an opportunity to talk brewing.

Cheers
MAH

What about the port dock brewery? Or have I got the wrong State? :blink: ...

Considering Mildura isn't in South Australia they must be getting desparate for material on Postcards.

Thank you very much Mates,
for all the great suggestions, thats a overwhelming response :)

I afraid, two or three days will not be enough to see all the great locations.

someone here remarked, that the Germans are crazy, because visiting Australia always in the hottest months.
let me reply: If you are living basically in a country where 200days a year it is raining and 100 days a year it has heavy snow and the remaining 65 days it is foggy and so on,
then no place in the world can be hot enough for you.
Right now, the season starts when the only sun you can see is a lamp inside a pub :lol

the only condition for a hot place is, having enough cold beer to cool down, I think this will be warranted in Australia :beer:
under this circumstances, the only fog you will see is next morning after a long beer-night, everything seems behind fog :beerbang:

Im looking forward to spend the very best time in my life in Australia.

Right before Im leaving here, Ill let you know what time and what places Im going to visit.

Sorry, after this post I cannot reply furthermore, because today Im leaving Germany for a 8 days, spendig a little time in sunny Portugal.

Cheers :party:

or we could goto the german club bt ehn maybe zwickel may not want to go there or the belgain cafe ??????

Back