Adelaide Brewers And Winemakers - August Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
The latest meeting of the Amateur Winemakers and Brewers Club of Adeleide is happening next week, Tuesday 1st August, at the Clarence Park Community Centre, corner of East Ave and Canterbury Tce, Black Forest, from 8pm.

We have an interesting guest speaker lined up. John Dunbar from Regency TAFE is going to talk about their new microbrewery set up and short brewing courses. Lots of nice stainless bling to admire at TAFE nowadays :) .

Depending how the night goes, there may also be a short presentation running through the all grain set up the club has available for members to use.

Bring in a Brown Ale or a Dark Ale (and 40c) and have it judged to BJCP standards by our two mystery AHB guests, ANAWBS judges and BJCP aficionados (rumour has it we may even have a professional brewer on the judging panel this time) . If any Adelaide brewer has had a go at brewing a Porter recently (can't think why that might be though :D ) this might be the chance to get some early feedback. There is even a medal for the winning beer, but you have to be a club member to win that.

Membership costs $25 per annum. Visitors are free, but if they keep coming back we expect them to join :p

Bring along a beer to share (of all sorts, not just brown and dark ales) over stories with fellow brewers

Sip on the dry whites from the wine competition and feast on the expansive :rolleyes: after meeting supper.

Seriously, if you live in the locality and have a few hours to kill, and better still a brown or dark ale you would like a critical opinion on, come along.

PM or email me if you want more details.

Just a reminder that the next meeting is tomorrow. For full details refer to my previous post.

Our mystery guest judge is Peter Fitzsimons (aka Pedro from Gulf Brewery).

and don't forget, this is your chance to get the good oil on tafe's new brewing, wine and food courses direct from the horse's mouth.

Wee Stu when is the next meeting as wanting to try and make it down for a look.

cheers David

1st Tuesday of the month? Is that right Stu?

Yeah, Tangent is right.

Next meet is Tuesday 5 September at 8pm.

Competition beer is Speciality and Micellaneous :blink:

But don't let that stop you bringing any drinkable beers to share and talk about :super: .

In the last few months the number of brewers attending has increased significantly, long may this trend continue. :party:

I won't be there myself this time, will still be getting back from Brissy. Have a good time, brewers.

PS. Sorry for the slowness of my response, seems management have finally found a way to increase my productivity - they have red lighted AHB :(

Latest posts

Back