Adding Hops To Brewcraft Munich

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

!@~@!

Reaction score
I put down a Brewcraft Munich lager with a kilo of half and half. I have made it before and I like it, but this time I want to have my first play with adding hops. I got some Nelson Sauvin pellets (50grams, 11.4%AAU) from my LHBS. They suggested using about a third of it, mixing it with hot water to make a tea, and adding it to my fermenter 2 or 3 days before bottling.

I was wondering if I strain the liquid before addng it, or just throw it in. Also, do i use boiling water and wait for it to cool before throwing it in? Should I stir it in?

Ok, so I steeped it in hot water until the water cooled and then threw the lot in. Bottled 6 days later. Nice aroma. Looking forward to drinking it in a month.

Ok, so I steeped it in hot water until the water cooled and then threw the lot in. Bottled 6 days later. Nice aroma. Looking forward to drinking it in a month.
Hops will settle out so no prob. You can even just throw them in straight without making a 'tea' - it's standard dry hopping proceedure.

Hops will settle out so no prob. You can even just throw them in straight without making a 'tea' - it's standard dry hopping proceedure.
Hop tea and dry hopling r differant. Acfually almost kilometrts apart. dry hopping and hop tea impart diff flavoursbut yes what ur doing us fine. Hops settlr out. It becomes a.diff story if ur harveting yeast or leaving it sitting in fermentor fir more than a month.

Latest posts

Back