Adding Grain/malt To Beer Smith 2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfc_ozzie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Have tried google for the past hour but cant find a answer, so i know how to add grain/malt etc to beer smith but I'm stuck on how to work out its yield (potential SG and yield %)

the only info i have found so far is find out the Extract Litre/Kg from the supplier and divide it by 386 to get a yield % is this correct?

Cheers guys :)

Hi ozzie,

How'd you go with finding data fields for beersmith2 grain profiles? Am in the throws of searching for Joe White, Simpsons Malt and Best Maltz grain data and have found this thread...any tips for new players?

Cheers

Most home brew shops have the grain particulars on their website, however I have generally found the numbers in beer smith to be pretty accurate. I always use them and hit my gravities running at 75% efficiency.

JD

indica86 said:
File > add ons, all the Joe White etc are there.
Thank you!! Been looking for ages ... clearest post on any forum I've looked at, cheers.

Anyone know where to find it on ipad?

Rgds

Linford

Only way to get it on the mobile versions at the moment is:
1)make a recipe with all the grains you want to add using desktop beersmith2
2)save recipe to cloud folder
3)open recipe on mobile app and manually select each ingredient and choose "store in my grains" at the bottom.

Back