Adding fruit after pressure ferment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakyseagull

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into doing a fruit beer and i was wondering if anyone has done this with the fermentasaurus.

Once you remove the yeast cake could you then add fruit similar to the dry hop technique when fermenting under pressure through the trub bottle? (assuming you could crush the fruit small enough to not clog the valve)

The other option I would imagine would be to pressure transfer to a keg with the fruit and secondary ferment in there but i'm trying to avoid the fruit in keg scenarios or transfering to a third vessel to reduce fruit trub.

Thoughts?

I wuould release all the pressure, remove the top lid and add fruit, put lid back on and purge the headspace again with CO2.

Any residual o2 tha got in will probably eb used up by the yeast as it goes to work on the fruit.

There is no way you can add fruit without adding 02 so just do it the easiest way.

yeah i had a few people give the same feed back on a couple of facebook groups. i think thats the way to go. there would be minimal 02 exposure anyway if i purge straight away. the beer should be ready this weekend so i'll be adding the fruit in early next week. Will keep ya posted!

in my experience you will still struggle to pressure transfer with fruit and your dip tube will be forever blocked. Ive always had to syphon after secondary.

Fermentasaurus has floating diptube and works fine with fruit (I just did it) I used passionfruit.

Latest posts

Back