Adding A Habenero Chilli To A Gb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blair's 6am...

Cost me 250 English Pounds for 50g.

I've opened the 3am...

I'm bringing Dave to the QLD Xmas in July...

Hi just read your post, although Im a newbie, the recipe that youre going to follow, IMO, looks kinda expensive and a bit over the top with all the extra spirits. Have just finished zinging up a GB kit and its now at drinking stage so can judge the result pretty well. I just sanitized the habanero (2) sliced them up and put straight into the fermenter. PM me if you want the recipe, it was a first attempt but worked well.

Sorry but GB is taken as a AKA Gryphon Brewing since 2001. :icon_cheers:
GB

What's your %royalty every time someone uses GB, cause I don't mind paying:p

For me, I wouldn't really mind, but other people are gonna be tasting and I don't want to spotweld their tongues to their mouths. From other posts, the general concensus is to leave it out? and thanks scruffy I will looks out for that cultivar of chilli the next time I am planting.

Smilinggilroy, I'm only doing it for the sake of doing it, it's sorta like having a really schmicko cake recipe when your cooking.

From other posts, the general concensus is to leave it out?

It is really nice when you get the chilli just right and it sits under everything and just extends the tail of the ginger bite and you get a hint of chilli. You definitely don't want the chilli to be the star. I've made ones like that and it makes it hard to have a session on them. If you're worried about getting the balance right then just omit it - leaving it out won't turn a great GB to crap.

Habanero would be a good choice because they have a unique fruity taste that most other varieties lack. The only problem would be to get enough of the fruitiness in the beer without the heat, don't know if that's going to be possible.

You want some of the heat for sure. I little chilli bite works really nicely with the ginger's heat.

Blair's 6am...

Cost me 250 English Pounds for 50g.

I've opened the 3am...

I'm bringing Dave to the QLD Xmas in July...

Youwho, scoundrel_rogue, Uncle Scruffy has some nice sauce for you to try :D .

I might run a taste test this weekend see what works best, try red and orange, both de seeded and unseeded, maybe with unseeded just use the bottom half of the bell to test for heat.

? lol
Youwho, scoundrel_rogue, Uncle Scruffy has some nice sauce for you to try :D .

Holy hell seems I'm a bit behind thanks for those links etc.
That's mad 16million heat unit crystals etc ?

Those sauces must be a life changing experience.

^_^

? lol

^_^

They let you see the future.....

^_^
Indeed, something with 16 million scoville units would definately change your life.

Very quickly at that too... :blink:

Back