add pear flavouring before cold crashing and gelatine ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gloveski

Reaction score
Quick question my first attempt at a pear cider has finished fermenting and now am looking at adding in the pear flavouring.

As I am looking at cold crashing and using gelatine aswell in what order should I do all this in ?

Should I add the pear flavouring in at current temp of 18 for a few days and then cold crash and add gelatine.?

Or should I cold crash and use gelatine and then add pear flavouring when I keg?

Thanks in advance

Assuming worst case and it's fermentable, since you're kegging you don't need to worry about it fermenting so much as long as it stays cold.

just read that you shouldnt use gelatin in cider anyway but it is fine for beer.

Its reasonably clear already so I will cold crash and then add pear flavouring when kegging

Gloveski said:
just read that you shouldnt use gelatin in cider anyway but it is fine for beer.

Its reasonably clear already so I will cold crash and then add pear flavouring when kegging
Should or shouldn't only really depends on if you're serving it to vegans or loonies alike

I can't see the need however

Latest posts

Back