"add On" Grain Files For Brewing Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
Howdy brewers,

just been playing around with Beertools Pro brewing software. I used to use it and then went to Beersmith, and then to Brewmate. All three are fantastic in their own unique ways, and i continue to tinker with all three - never used Promash though.

My question:
I am sure the first time i used Beertools Pro a few years ago, i stumbled on some .zip files about Australian malts in particular Barrett Burston. I have no idea how i came across them, and i've since upgraded my computer and have lost those files.

Anyone know:
1. Where i can re download them
2. The data of the BB grains so i can atleast enter it all in manually?

Have spent the last two hours trying different searches on google for them but not had much luck.

Hoping someone can help me out,

Cheers

Hi Nath, I have the following BS file for Barrett Burston Malts if that helps:

View attachment 45695

Thanks BribieG, you're a legend!

I don't fully know what (and what difference) all the abbreviations are about, like fine coarse difference and all that stuff, but i was able to grab enough information from your files to manually enter the important stuff like gravity contributions and colour etc....

Cheers mate

All the figures you need are available from your HBS, or should be.
Just a matter of asking for the Certificate of Analysis.
While the figures in Beersmith and other software will be pretty close usually they do change from batch to batch in the same way AA% of Hops also vary by crop year.
Guess it depends on how accurate you want to be with your recipes.
Cheers
Nige

Latest posts

Back