Active Users List. Is it accurate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been noticing that there are usually only 5-6 people active at the bottom of AHB at any given time. Is this accurate? It seems there aren't any where near as many folks posting here anymore.

Cheers.

No its not accurate. It seems to be dropping off names very quickly. For example have a look at the latest post time and more than likely that person is not on the list. Also there is generally at least 20% signing in anonymously and you cant see them in the list.

Sadly the forum is in decline but it's good to see the occasional resurfacing of old members like Dr Smurto etc.

Basically the old systems wars have been settled with BIAB now mainstream and even becoming the default method for brewers coming off kits, no chill is well accepted, there are now far more suppliers of home brew ingredients and equipment, and a fair few "trolls" were removed from the forum along with some members that, whilst fiery, actually did contribute a lot.

In a way, the modern "quieter" forum is probably hitting the mark better as a resources forum for home brewers rather than being a nightly argy bargy of entertaining stuff, scantily clad pictures and in jokes such as kittens, goats or porkspin. If you want entertainment, try Netflix.

edit: just read Brad's comment, there is hope for us yet :)

Good on ya Bribie...ya had to mention bloody kittens..

Hope the Rice Gulls migrate west and infest your backyard

The botulism from my no chill cube will sort them out.

We just need Ducati Stu to spark another lively yeast debate :lol:

They wont believe me

The forum has been hijacked be re-hydrators

bradsbrew said:
No its not accurate. It seems to be dropping off names very quickly. For example have a look at the latest post time and more than likely that person is not on the list. Also there is generally at least 20% signing in anonymously and you cant see them in the list.
Ok, cheers, Brad.

Bribie G said:
The botulism from my no chill cube will sort them out.
But just think of how good the wrinkles will look, Bribie!

Latest posts

Back