AC/DC drummer in strife

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hells Bells, Looks like someone has put the finger on phil for breakin the rules and landed him deep in the hole for lookin for some guns for hire rather than gone shootin with the boys.
I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall during that little interview session.

(apologies in advance)

I'm with Team Phil. If Phil Rudd says two dudes need to die, then they probably need to die. The NZ judiciary seem to agree with me too.

Maybe he should ask his brother Kev to sort them out. I hear he's good at knifing people.

Nah,he forgot the golden rule...never turn your back,he got knifed in return.
Ain't payback a bitch

Don Mateo said:
Hells Bells, Looks like someone has put the finger on phil for breakin the rules and landed him deep in the hole for lookin for some guns for hire rather than gone shootin with the boys.
I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall during that little interview session.

(apologies in advance)
Moneytalks after all. Maybe he shouldve had them burning alive instead.
(My apologies also.)

too bad Phil's out and with the ratio of pre/post Scott-era members at tipping point (only Angus & Williams left) it's not the same band, man! Yes, I'm one of those grumpy old Scott-era fans, kids these days I tells ya!

Still, I hope Phil doesn't take it upon himself to try to write another record on his own again. Warning, click on link at own risk! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Job

Cruising around NZ south island at the moment. Little story on the radio how 'ol Philbo's been given a judge only trial. Tough though, if this dude falls through maybe they could try mic'ing up a metronome?

oi! I'm gonna take a little bite on this one!

there's definitely click track interference from Back In Black onwards but before then, do yourself a favour and 'av a listen to ...er...Powerage for example!

Apprarently he's got a restaurant, pretty sure it's called 'Phils Place', I'd give it a go...

buckerooni said:

there's definitely click track interference from Back In Black onwards but before then, do yourself a favour and 'av a listen to ...er...Powerage for example...
Good album, but not as good as "Let There Be Rock".

Both top albums, between the two there's not a lot in it. For me its the darkness in the songwriting and the groove that sets it slightly ahead. Ultimately personal choice but I also like the way it's tracked.

Top ten desert island album for me, the way it tells a story with such sincerity in the lyrics and performances, it never gets old.

The earlier Bon Scott albums where a bit more bluesy, more raw and cheeky. I dont think there is a bad album amongst all 17 of them...but Fly On Th Wall was a bit ordinary

A few of the tracks aren't too bad. Sun Goes Down, 40 Days and Repo Man have a sound that works ok. The title track is a bit average, as are a few others at first listen.

The vocalist seems to have been influenced a bit by Lemmy, judging by his raspy singing style and that gives the sound a rawness that I quite like.

Some of the songs don't really fit with others on the record. It's as though some were written back in the 80's or something....

Given his recent brush with the law, he probably should have chosen the track 'Bad Move' as the album title.

Last edited by a moderator:
buckerooni said:

there's definitely click track interference from Back In Black onwards but before then, do yourself a favour and 'av a listen to ...er...Powerage for example!

Apprarently he's got a restaurant, pretty sure it's called 'Phils Place', I'd give it a go...
Have to agree with Powerage. Very underrated. Also apparently Kieth Richards favourite album too.

Something wrong here.
A dope addict wants to kill a couple of people,hasn't got the nuts to do it himself,and everyone's concerned for HIM.
I'm in hiding now.

Latest posts

Back