About To Drop Some Cash On A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swinging Beef

Blue Cod
Reaction score
But before I do, and so I dont have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous "what you shoulda done"s...

Please, everyone critique why I should or should not buy one of these from this bloke and have it delivered to my house.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-Double-Tap...=item4aaed9b5d5

Im also thinking of upgrading to a three font system, and stainless drip tray, and getting the gas bottle from him.

But before I do, and so I dont have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous "what you shoulda done"s...

Please, everyone critique why I should or should not buy one of these from this bloke and have it delivered to my house.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-Double-Tap...=item4aaed9b5d5

Im also thinking of upgrading to a three font system, and stainless drip tray, and getting the gas bottle from him.

I've been looking at them too. Noticed on the craftbrewer website theirs has been improved for cooling http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=3615 Will cost more by the time you get it sorted. If it's a better fridge would be worth it in the long run.

Looking forward to the replies on this.

Edit to fix link.

I have one.
got it off ebay just like this except...I think I got the el cheapo version your guy warns you about.
my bloke dissapeared off ebay and reappeared as someone else about a week after I got mine.

My reg is a bitch to turn I need a shifter...it is the one with the big red cross through it.
however it looks great ...and works fine.

one thing ...
you cannot get 3 coke type kegs in it....or those kegs that are slightly taller than cornelius.
3 cornelius may fit.
I have 2 cornielius and 2 pepsi...so never will 3 fit of mine.

I have 2 taps so it doesn't matter....I also have another dedicated beer fridge for fermenter and yeast etc.
I use that to get my other kegs cold.

I just this week got a keg lid from your guy..showed up in 2 days no worries.

I've been looking at them too. Noticed on the craftbrewer website theirs has been improved for cooling http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/product-search.asp Will cost more by the time you get it sorted. If it's a better fridge would be worth it in the long run.

Looking forward to the replies on this.

Do you mean that it looks like the ebay one has improved cooling? That's how it appears to me. Also, the ebay one comes with a font, tap, reg and gas line manifold, none of which is included from CB. I would wager that theyre not the premium brand names, but an andale font and taps and micromatic reg for example would set you back another $500 easily; to get all that stuff for zero extra dollars, even if it is no-name, seems like a pretty good deal.

The fridge itself would be basically the same as the Craftbrewer one. When Ross takes delivery of the fridges they come with a number of racks, brackets and castors and that 2-tap font. He takes the font out and puts it on a pile with the other fonts because they are not of sale-able quality. With the few that he did supply with the fridge early on, I believe there were so many complaints that he stopped supplying them.

I can't speak highly enough about the fridge itself, I have 2 of them - they easily hold 3 kegs so a 3 tap is the way to go. The extra cost of the font set is soon forgotten :icon_cheers:

Hey glad to see you back, SB

Beefy,

I was EXACTLY where you are about 2 weeks ago.
I was actually going to get this one for the 2.6kg bottle.
http://crazystu.com.au/add_to_cart-p-324646.html

From what I have read, the taps are dodgy from china and pour like 2 frogs just finished rooting in your pint glass.
This is the reason for the 4 meters of line that comes with it.

The guy your looking at does not combine postage, nor will he "upgrade" to a 3 tap font.
you will need to buy the 2 tap, and then buy the 3 tap on top
To: *****
Subject: Re: Details about item: ***** sent a message about Dual Double Tap Beer Dispenser Keg Fridge Kegerator Bar #220827198165
Sent Date: 15-Aug-11 10:22:03 AEST

Dear *****,

I am sorry but I don't have any package deals.

You can just purchase the items individualy off my ebay store. There is no combined postage or discounts for multiple items purchased together.

Regards
So when you're adding it up, make sure you include the freight for each item in your budget.

In all honesty, you'll get what you pay for...
I ended up buying a 3 tap setup from Ross at CraftBrewer (which im expecting to be delivered today).
I didn't get everything I wanted, but I did get everything I needed to get me up and going, with the peace of mind that what I have got will work and isn't cheap Chinese shit.

Call Ross mate, honestly, he'll look after you and you'll get peace of mind in the quality.

Tell him BeerFingers recommended him to you :lol:

Cheers,

BeerFingers

I have one and have had no problems with it whatsoever. However, I am soon to upgrade to a freezer.

I can fit 3 cornys in it with no problem and I haven't changed the taps as the ones with it seem to work without any problems for me. All in all, it has served me for around 9 months and I am very happy with it.

:icon_chickcheers:

Slightly OT - I got my 2.6kg gas bottle from him.

Great bottle (beer king), appears to be good quality (I would have already broken it by now, if it weren't). Paid monday, received wednesday.

I was thinking about buying one of these, but then decided to use my 2nd fridge (which was going to be for fermenting) for serving and bought a cheap freezer for ebay and transferred the STC-1000 to it for fermentation duties.

At least I'm unlikely to lose good money.

For me, by the time I pay for the postage, I'd rather go to Ross for a kegerator, especially as these seem to have been configured for Qld temps.

Goomba

Do you mean that it looks like the ebay one has improved cooling? That's how it appears to me. Also, the ebay one comes with a font, tap, reg and gas line manifold, none of which is included from CB. I would wager that theyre not the premium brand names, but an andale font and taps and micromatic reg for example would set you back another $500 easily; to get all that stuff for zero extra dollars, even if it is no-name, seems like a pretty good deal.

Sammus

Check the link I edited in my above post. The link was wrong. No doubt the ebay deal will be cheaper. There a quite a few reviews online where people haven't been happy with the temp control of some units and heady beers due to cheap chinese taps. Not saying this one on ebay is one of them but it seems you have to tread carefully.

I have had oone of these fpr the last 6 months or so. Taps work fine as does the rest of the unit excepting the temperature control. Set the controller on the front of the unit to zero and the actual inside temp of the fridge is around 3-4 degrees. Monitoring the external temperature of a keg with a probe and electronic temperature controller, which is pretty accurate, gives about 3.1 deg when the fridge controller reads zero. My unit has LG fridge parts and a very small, too small, 12 volt fan to help the air circulation. I have fitted a 240 volt computer fan inside to improve the air circulation even more. I have seen the temp on the external side of a keg approach 1 deg with the fridge controller set at zero, so the additional circulation does help.

This might helpful to some?

Get the fridge, chuck the taps and buy Celi's.

Some good reports, some bad reports... Hmm.... now what to do.
:)

Does this help?

bar1.jpg

You have a framed picture of ET on the wall?, wow, that's a hardcore sharks supporter!!.

Just had a quick look on the net. These things aren't as dear as i thought. Next tax time i think i know what i'll be looking for!!.

You have a framed picture of ET on the wall?, wow, that's a hardcore sharks supporter!!.

If you look closely just down behind the taps, on top of the fridge is a pic of me and the great man himself.
It was taken in the leagues club after his 300th game.
He is palming me off.

If you look closely just down behind the taps, on top of the fridge is a pic of me and the great man himself.
It was taken in the leagues club after his 300th game.
He is palming me off.

Because you are a stalker??? ;)

FYI

Mine was delivered from Ross at Craftbrewer yesterday and I poured my first beer from it last night. Poured perfectly!

2011_09_20_19.51.37__Medium_.jpg

2011_09_21_07.42.31__Medium_.jpg

2011_09_21_07.42.49__Medium_.jpg

2011_09_21_07.43.07__Medium_.jpg

FYI

Mine was delivered from Ross at Craftbrewer yesterday and I poured my first beer from it last night. Poured perfectly!
Beer fingers,
If you dont mind me asking what did that set up cost?
I too am looking at a kegerator and am interested to know the cost and quality.
Cheers
Reg

Latest posts

Back