About Pumps Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
As you know I've ordered a march pump but I was going to use a washing maching pump , for those interested this is how I had it set up.
It look a bit grotty on the outside as it was secondhand , but smick on the inside , the impeller cover comes off and can be cleaned as well as fitted on various angles.
I machined the threads off a couple of brass compression fittings so as to allow 1/2' copper tube to be fitted , you could plumb it in copper tube or use a small bit of tubing and clamp hoses to it.
See piccys

It is mounted on a piece on heavey channel to keep it stable

As you can see to impeller cover can be moved to different angles
Make s cheap pump set up , require head pressure for priming , pump to about 1 metre

looks like that would do the job well.
when you say pumps to 1 metre, with a herms and the wort running back down again the suction caused would allow it to pump even higher once it gets primed and pumping.

how much power do you think it would pull batz?hahaha
i say this cause it looks like you wired up a 30amp lead.

anyway nice work.
even better work on the march pump.

It's wired to what ever the sparkie had at work

That is hard core cable! 30 AMP for a tiny shaded pole pump that would draw less than 3/4 amps!!!! at least the power cord won't fail.

Bloody sparkies !
I don't know it's the same as we use for extention cords , elecrtic stuff goes down it and makes the pump turn !!!
:D :D

:D Whoa !!!! :D
My March pump has arrived , nice azz !!!
:D

By the way sparkies
The electrical cord looks big as it is industrial , had tough azz outer casing

Shmick march pump hey Batz. They look damn fine. Nice to see you have it.

Cheers, JD

any chance of a pic batz.i looked at the web site but didnt see this particular model

ok see what I can do , you may have to wait till my AG is set up ............not long now !................

Back