Aabc 2003 Winning Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
The Australian Amateur Brewinng Championships 2003 winning recipes are available for download here.

I've attached the PDF version just in case the site goes away or something in the future.

Beers,
Doc

PS: 2.5Mb PDF.

View attachment AABC2003RandR.pdf

I downloaded it the other day thinking I would use the winning ESB recipe for the Perth brew day. But the winning recipe uses Chinook as an aroma hop. Got good reviews, but still a bit weird for me, sticking with EKG for my first ag ESB, try the weird stuff later.

sometimes it not the recipe. You could do everything exactly the same yet the beer would be different. Different systems etc. You could make some of these beers and they would taste like shite

Dont worry about Chinook it is grand, i used Simcoe as an flavour/aroma hop last month for a brew and it has turned out BEAUTIFUL!

wedge said:
sometimes it not the recipe. You could do everything exactly the same yet the beer would be different. Different systems etc. You could make some of these beers and they would taste like shite
I asked an old brewer a while ago for his AG "recipe" and boy did I cop it.
As he told me it's not the recipe it's the process. Same ingredients, different brewers, different beers.

You can rest assured mine is 100% to be believed! It's the winning Belgian Tripel (that's my mug in the Best Extract Beer brewers profile). It's such a simple recipe, that it should be pretty easy to replicate. The only hard thing would be the fermentation temps. I kept it at 21-22C for 8 days in primary, then about 20C for 12 days in secondary.

Cheers - Snow

I thought that might be you snow but i was not sure as i expected you to have a full head of white hair for some reason.
Ie 'snow'
anyway top work.

Jayse

Thanks, Jayse. I used to have pure white hair, but age worked it's mysterious ways.... the nickname stuck, though. My friends always get funny looks when they call my name out when we're at the ski slopes! :rolleyes:

- Snow

I will have to have a look in my copy of the book tonight to se the "mug" in question.

But definately well done Snow!

Back