A yeast to brew a beer quickly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know I know I know its all about low and slow but.

just pulled a beer and found I have now a empty keg and I am having a Aus day bbq!
if there any thing I can brew? I am kegging so I can force carb so not much of a problem there.

I have a temp controlled fridge so I can dial in any temp.

any style is ok but wheat..

or should I just go buy a case of VB!

it will be going to be put down tomorrow.

i'd go the Vermin Bitter..............Notto will ferment out quickly but jeeeeezus 4 days is not a long time bloke :unsure:

if you want it for saturday just buy a slab of good beer 4 days is just to short even for a hefe.

Maybe a 2% beer might ferment in time? But I cant imagine it ending well. Best to buy a carton I'd say.

Now that's a good idea! any idea of pricing for a keg?

Robbo2234 said:
Now that's a good idea! any idea of pricing for a keg?
Definitely not as a cheap as VB

I looked into it a tiny bit a few years ago. Lapstone Hotel bottle-o thought that he could get me one in.

I assume there's a deposit on the corny.

If you're serious you better get onto it tomorrow

They also do 5L flagons of beer. I've actually bought/recieved a couple of those. The 5L swing-top comes in handy for brewing purposes.

(the 5L beers are not highly carbonated at all... more like a real ale, but you can always pour them into a keg ;))

Actually... now you've got my wanting another flagon... might have to pick one up :)

IMG_1506.jpg

I have heard of grain to brain in 7 days,
but 4 days....

I would be on the new old VB if it was me. Hell I have 3 kegs full and a 4th fermenting now and i will probably still be on it.

Playing cricket with a corny tucked under the arm is f*cking difficult, much easier to manage a tinnie.

Cheers,
D80

Some of the Coopers yeast I've recultured from a bottle finishes fermenting in only a few days.
I've also brewed a wheat beer that was great about 7 days after it was made ... but with only 4 days, you might have to go buy VB.

Tee up a swap with a brewer mate close by.... take his keg and give him yours when it has finished properly.

I can't believe you guys are recommending VB? Isn't time that beer went into our past as old awful beer that we used to drink?

OP asked if he should go buy some VB isntead.

Damn I can't believe the hatin' on the VB?
Lol, with your handle that is a very ambiguous sentance...

Nothing wrong with VB, just not much right with it either...
Still wouldn't turn one down (if it is the new old one - ah the memories). CD though, you can keep it.

OP, Ambers suggestion is what this forum is ultimately about, the love of beer. Good suggestion Amber.

Cheers,
D80

Back