A very quick Question re Cold Crash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytambo

Reaction score
Never cold crashed before, but have read so much about it, thought I'd give it a go on a American Pale Ale FWK, dry hopped on day three with 80gm Sapro hops. Anyway at completion of fermentation but in the fridge for two days then bottled. My Question: Was I meant to wait until the beer cooled down to room temp to bottle, or do brewers just bottle and prime cold? Thanks Guys.

Hi mate, cold is fine, I CCrash for two days then transfer to my 2 x serving kegs and into kegerator.
Let bottles raise to room temp for bottle conditioning to be effective.

Never cold crashed before, but have read so much about it, thought I'd give it a go on a American Pale Ale FWK, dry hopped on day three with 80gm Sapro hops. Anyway at completion of fermentation but in the fridge for two days then bottled. My Question: Was I meant to wait until the beer cooled down to room temp to bottle, or do brewers just bottle and prime cold? Thanks Guys.
You mean warmed up to room temp?

Nah mate, bottle it ice cold not a problem. Then make sure they stay at 20c ish. I found that 21 at 21 worked for me (21 days at 21c) but that's my opinion.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yep I condition the bottles at about 20 degrees for about two weeks before indulging.

You mean warmed up to room temp?

Nah mate, bottle it ice cold not a problem. Then make sure they stay at 20c ish. I found that 21 at 21 worked for me (21 days at 21c) but that's my opinion.
Yes sorry I meant to say warm up. beauty. :)

Latest posts

Back