A strange question but....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimacoz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a fairly new brewer, I made about 10 brews last year and then due to circumstances have had a year off the brewing.

I out a coopers ginger beer down yesterday as the wife likes it and I thought it would be an easy brew to get back into brewing with.

Now, here's the strange question, after I had made the kit I put the fermenter on top of the washing machine until I cleared some space out of the spare room, I then went out and when I got back SWMBO had turned the washing machine on, I can't imagine it would but would having the fermenter on top of the washing machine have any adverse affects on the brew?

Not unless the washing machine is vibrating the fermenter at 20 kHz frequencies or higher (it's probably not).

If anything it might be helping to keep the yeast in suspension and actively fermenting.

All good.

Yeah it's all good, nothing to worry about. As they say in the classics, "Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew"or as it's acronymed here, RDWHAHB.

Thanks guys ive just checked it and all looks fine, I agree that it might be helping, it was giving it a really good stir for about an hour and now it's going crazy!

I think my next brew I'm got to take a step forward and try and brew in the bag style brew.

All will be good until the whole fermenter vibrates off the top of the washing machine and ends up on the floor.

It has happened, trust me.

I had a go at a Coopers Ginger Beer kit with a Kg of sugar. I was fermenting at 20 degrees but it conked out on me at 1.020. The yeast started out well, with plenty of krausen but it stalled and I couldn't get it going again by swirling. Maybe have a spare yeast on hand to finish the job if needed?

watch out, you may have started something... I think I'm going to throw my brew on the 19th on top of the waschimachinen for a cycle.

dammag said:
I had a go at a Coopers Ginger Beer kit with a Kg of sugar. I was fermenting at 20 degrees but it conked out on me at 1.020. The yeast started out well, with plenty of krausen but it stalled and I couldn't get it going again by swirling. Maybe have a spare yeast on hand to finish the job if needed?
What Yeast would you suggest if i do have to get another, my ginger beer isn't looking very lively at all.

Latest posts

Back