A Special "thank You" To All At A.h.b.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone at AHB for all your help and advise. I was talking to an old bloke the other day who has been brewing for about 20 years now and is still doing the Cooper larger + 1kg of CSR sugar,and bottle priming with a tea spoon of sugar in each bottle. It all started when i saw his shed full of bottles when i was driving down the back lane to work and i stopped and asked if he brewed. We got talking and i though i would be able to gather a wealth of knowledge from this ol brewer but to my surprise i ended up telling him all about things like bulk priming, Dextrose, hop additions, Grains and CC'ing. He asked where did i learn all about this stuff, and thats what got me thinking. If it was not for all u guy's, GMK, DOC, BATZ, TL, POSTMODERN, FISCUS, MURRAY, JASE, WEDGE, JOHNO, HOPEYE, JASMAN, BIG D, i know i have missed a lot of others, i would still be doing COOPERS + 1kg as well.
Keep up the good work, and i wonder if we could do a deal with Coopers or one of the big kit boys to get the AHB web address on the labels in exchange for some advertising on our web site?

I am sure we are all glad we have helped you SJW , as we have all helped eachother many times , that's what this site is for.

As far as advistising , the total lack of it is what makes this site special , I know some homebrew shops post things here , that I don't mind at all.

But as far as formal advistising , that would be the downfall of an exellent site
My opinion anyway

Batz

Batz said:
As far as advistising , the total lack of it is what makes this site special , I know some homebrew shops post things here , that I don't mind at all.

But as far as formal advistising , that would be the downfall of an exellent site
I agree totally. There's a saying on the Internet that the quality of a forum is indirectionally proportional to the number of users. As a site becomes popular, the forums tend to get clogged with crap by lots of idiots and trolls (i may be an idiot when it comes to HB, but i hope is still have some sense of netiquette).
I've seen just about every forum i know of become popular and then turn to crap.

SJW said:
If it was not for all u guy's, GMK, DOC, BATZ, TL, POSTMODERN, FISCUS, MURRAY, JASE, WEDGE, JOHNO, HOPEYE, JASMAN, BIG D, i know i have missed a lot of others, i would still be doing COOPERS + 1kg as well.
Keep up the good work,
Thanx SJW,
Even if you wrote jayse as JASE. :angry:
There is a y in there. Y? i don't know Y but there is. :lol: Something to do maybe with my parents being pissed i guess when they signed the birth certifcate.
I'll only speak for myself but iam here to offer all the help i can to everyone in the persuit of the perfect pint.

Happy brewing
Jayse

I will admit to doing the KK thing for about 15 years until about 6 years ago an AG brewing workmate pointed me in the right direction with kits and bits and good brewing methods, now I am AG brewing .
But I am still learning a lot from this and similar forums, this one being a daily ritual.
Keep it up.

Hi jgriffin,

You're right about good forums being ruined and it's a sadness.
This forum and the Grumpys site are the best of their kind and I hope they will always be the same as they are now, keeping the good-natured discussion going. :rolleyes:
I used to belong to an international forum on which I got labelled as the "opinionated Australian" for daring to express a view that was out of synch with the VERY politically correct opinions being expressed by some other users.
When I pointed out that I had a right to my opinions, I was threatened with a denial of service spam attack.
Goodbye forum.
Cheers for aussiehomebrewer and long may it continue to offer good advice, terrible jokes and general good fellowship among those who like to lift a glass of handcrafted ale.
Hic!! :chug:

Well well well, All i can say is that this is the only Forum i have been involved in and if you guys think that it should stay just the way it is, for the above mentioned reasons, i will agree with you. I just wanted to make the point that it is a top Forum and we should keep it that way.

SJW,
Thanks for the kind words - glad to be of some help! I agree with the comments posted on this thread - I subscribe to several local and overseas forums and I always keep coming back to this one. I find it has a nice balance between the techo side of brewing and the aussie irreverant side where people have no troubles taking the piss out of each other, without getting to precious...
If it weren't for this site, I'd still be chucking brew boosters into fermenters with some boiled water and a can of goo! Nowadays, I've got heaps of equipment, a visa card bill from hell and I can still make crap beer no probs at all!!! :p
Cheers,
TL

Back