A Recipe With Ldme

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellbent

Reaction score
I have 1.5kg of LDME sitting in my fridge that I got for a recipe that I no longer care to do, (too bloody complicated)
I would now love to be able to use it somehow along with other stock I have :-

Approx. 1kg of both Joe White munich1 and Joe White munich 2.
1kg of Joe White Maltcraft Chocolate.
and a 1kg mixture consisting of 750gms weyerman pils and 250 gms of Weyermann Caramunich I that in an intoxicated moment one evening I inadvertently mixed together whilst I was sorting out my grain containers.
also I have a good quantity of Amarillo and cascade pellets plus a satchel of Nottingham yeast.

Anyone got any idea of some form of recipe I can use with the LDME and the above ingredients? I usually do 15 litre BIAB's but a Grain/Extract recipe of 20ltrs would be no problem.
I sort of want to clean up the bits and pieces I have in stock before I order more stuff in as room is a limited commodity here.

As usual I appreciate any help or ideas given.

The pils and the crystal mix together with your DME and munich I. Volume to hit a gravity of 1050-1065 (your taste).

Hop with amarillo and cascade to between 45 and 65 IBU with a lot of that IBU coming from additions after 30 mins and added in small quantities at frequent intervals.

Dry hop with both to taste.

ferment with 1272 or 05. I know you have nottingham but I've never used it so can't comment. Someone else might have an idea on whether it would work with those grains etc.

For a similar AG beer to the above, I use 4.5 kg maris, 1 kg munich 1, 250 heritage crystal and 250 victory to make an apa that's around 1055. Hopping schedule usually involves chinook and cascade but has been done with others including cascade and amarillo so you can work out your proportions/percentages based on that using a spreadsheet/software design program.

Thanks mate for taking the time to answer, with just 1 reply it seems no one else gives a stuff. I'll take what you have suggested and work out something in BrewMate and see how it turns out, at least now I have a some idea of what to do with it, looking forward to making it now..... Thanks Manticle

Back