• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

A quick suggestion...

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Vindaloo

Bouncer
Reaction score
Hey,

Would it be at all possible to get rid of that splash screen at the front of the site? It's very annoying, and serves no real purpose.

This is just my opinion.

:)

Vinds.

dane

Reaction score
What are other peoples opinions on this? I'm happy to remove it if people think it is a problem.

Personally I just bookmark http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde....php?act=portal which is the front portal site. I like the idea of the front page especially when the (optional) skin based on the same colour theme is implemented.

If people want it removed it is out of here....let me know!

Trev

Reaction score
Hey Fiscus,

The splash is OK, particularly for new starters (sorry Vind :D ) but what about putting one of those "Bookmark me Now" thingamebobs on the next page so the rest of us don't have to type all those long winded URLs - particularly us more life expeienced folks (read older!) guys who type with two fingers.

Trev

Ic3man

Reaction score
Not that anyone would like this.. but you could always implement a cookie.. so if someone enters the site. once it stores the cookie.. after that it just goes directly to the main page.. well if not.. yeah doesn't really serve a purpose other than to new goers..
Cheers

dane

Reaction score
Ic3man said:
Not that anyone would like this.. but you could always implement a cookie.. so if someone enters the site. once it stores the cookie.. after that it just goes directly to the main page.. well if not.. yeah doesn't really serve a purpose other than to new goers..
Cheers
Nice idea Ic3man, your idea seems to be the best of both worlds. I've added a cookie to the front page so if you have visited the front page it will automatically take your straight to the portal section. :D

bL@De

Reaction score
I've got the forum bookmarked so I come straight here, the flash screen though I think just adds that little bit of class to the web site. Every web site has to be different, I kind of like it there when I saw it last.

Vindaloo

Bouncer
Reaction score
Hurrah!! Thanks dude, no more splash screen :)

Vinds.

dane

Reaction score
Thought you would like it - finally got around to putting the cookie together :D

Keep the suggestions comming.

Latest posts