A Quick Dump N Stir Pilsener

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
After all the effort put into making my last two Larger part mash beers i want to do one more summer style lager before the heat of summer hits. I was wondering if u bloke have ever used the Coopers Canadian Blonde or the Morgans Golden Saaz?
I was just going to add 1kg of Dextrose and dry hop with Saaz. So what kit do u advise is the best? <_<

I won a place in the ACT State Championships with the following...
Morgans Golden Saaz.
1 kg of dextrose
S189 preferred or 34/70 yeast.

Primary for 10 days - diacetyl rest for 2.
Rack in secondary with 35 gms of Saaz pellets for 4 weeks.
Rack into CC cube using a GMK In-Line filter for 4-6 weeks.
then bottle or keg.

Really easy - just get the temp right around 15C and it comes out great.

Happy Brewing.

I have had great success with the ESB 3KG Pilsener. I added 15g SAAZ to secondary, but it didn't really need it.

The Coopers Blonde is devilishly easy & quick and produces a very light lawnmower beer.

i brewed Kens Saaz pils kit brew and turned out great... maybe one of my best kit beers, was enjoyed at our "piss off" beer taste testing

SJW,

Have you thought of a ESB Fresh Wort - Pilsner?

Jase

Well Jase, My last Pilsener was the ESB 3kg Czech, it turned out fine in the end but as it was my first Lager i did not let it ferment long enough and ended up with way too gassy beer. But after recapping a couple of times i got it just right, by which time most of it was gone. I also found that the 3kg ESB Pilsener needs a good 8 weeks or so to mature. It was real good by the time i finished em all. So this time i will know better and thought i might try Kens Golden Saaz Special.
I will let u know how it goes!

Back