A question for those that use kegs.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixiedust

Reaction score
I know its normal practice to have the kegs inside a fridge and taps on the outside.

But has anyone ever used a temprite system?

We use one if we have a party and buy a keg of beer.

Might be ok Ifthe beer is going to be consumed in a short period of time like a party, but as a personal keggerator I hate the thought of the beer not being cold and fresh all the time. Especially if you don't filter and have yeast still in the beer, those guys will be having a dirt if the temperature changes a lot were their stored. But even if you do filter the beer will not go bad much quicker.

Thats what I was thinking for, to transport and consume at parties etc.

We keep the keg cold in a plastic 44 full of ice.

Ah cool should be ok but sorry I haven't used one, just wanted to make sure you weren't storing your beer hot : )

Lol, wash your mouth out! Up here in CQ our beer needs to be icy cold all year around!

Pixiedust said:
Lol, wash your mouth out! Up here in CQ our beer needs to be icy cold all year around!
Ha. I'm origanally from country qld. Grew up near Kingaroy but I'm currently living in Melbourne.

Aussiedrifter said:
Ha. I'm origanally from country qld. Grew up near Kingaroy but I'm currently living in Melbourne.
Not that far from my ancestral home! Cold mother of a place. I'll be there in June for a conference. Not looking forward to it very mych!

Back