A Long, Long Lagering.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DRUNK ARAB

Zen Arcade
Reaction score
I have a Maibock sitting in a cube in my lagering fridge that has been there since the 3rd of December last year. It will be going on tap at the beginning of May so that will be close to 5 months of lagering, by far the longest I have lagered a lager for :blink: .

What is the longest you have lagered a lager for?

C&B
TDA

Evening TDA
The longest lagering of a lager ive lagered is 9 weeks but i reckon besides the agony of the wait it was well worth it.

Cheers
Big D

Did a lager on the back porch through 90 days of Adelaide Hills winter the year before last, still my fav brew to date...

I made a pilner urquell clone last year, including a 4 hour boil. I lagered it for six months. The malt profile seemed spot on, however it didn't have enough hop flavour or aroma :( . Still a great beer though.

Cheers :)

10 weeks.
not in yer league by long shot.
:huh:

longest lagering of a lager ive lagered is 9 weeks.

the lager i lagered was a swarzbier from memory and won a few awards too.

It definatly helps the lager to be largered !

:)

cheers

I've lagered a Munich Helles for 6 weeks. Was a bloody exercise in patience too. :beerbang:

TDA You're a model of restraint. :D

Warren -

i lagered a bock for 10 months. only because i forgot about it.

4 months - I lagered 40L of Schwarzbier for 1 month, but it was still tasting too sweet from a high FG. So i left it lagering for a further 3 months while I was overseas; the beer on my return tasted no different to me, so i thought bugger & kegged it. By the time the 1st keg was finished (1 month) the beer had lost it's sweetness & become one of the best Schwarbiers I've made. I've also found, that any lager i've made, whether it's been lagered or not, still takes up to 1 month when kegged to reach it's peak.
So now, all my lagers get filtered & kegged straight from primary as soon as fermentation is complete. In 2 to 4 weeks the beer is tasting IMHO just as good as any beer i'd previously lagered.

cheers Ross

I have an eisbock in a keg sitting at 0C.
It was brewed on the SA 2006 xmas case swap day.
Hoping to lager it up until this christmas case swap day.

Otherwise the longest to date would be 3 months.

TDA If you need an opinion as to whether the extended lagering did it any justice,
then i'm here for you buddy ;)

Bring on xmas! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Back