A Grain Mill Is Born

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
Well remember how i said ages ago that i was going to build all these grain mills.............

Well time seems to be harder to fimd than i expected. Each mill has over 10 hrs of work in it.

Anyway.......... Redbeard was the first to ask me for one and its done now :) Just needs to be sanded back and varnished to seal the wood.

It went together perfectly :D Its better than mine.

Here are some pics.

Now i have about 3 more to make.

Cheers.

Your a legend Tony, you done that for love, Redbeard is one lucky man

Pumpy

I dont love him pumpy ;)

I just built him a grain mill

I do love building grain mills though :p

That's a lovely looking mill Tony. Top Darts :beerbang:

Shawn.

How much for the grain mills Tony ?

$250 is all im asking for a hand crafted "Bull Crush"

Thats what i call them

I recon you could crack a bull in it :)

Mine runs 10KG of grain through in 2 min with a .37KW maotr on it running at about 150 RPM. This sixe motor is bare minimum. It only just turns it but it is easier tham turning it by habd believe me

I made this one with a 1/2 inch shaft for a drill.

cheers

WOW ! the mill looks fantastic. I didnt realise i was the 1st, so yes im very lucky !
Cant wait :) thanks Tony

Well here is the finished product B)

To all the people who emailed me about one......... i am making them in my spare time and time is limited in my world these days :unsure:

I have a lot of project on the go including a 3 keg brewery and a still... oops water purifier......and a couple of grain mill orders to fulfill but after that i will let you all know :)

cheers people

tony

Nice piece of work.

A very impressive looking piece of kit.

Latest posts

Back