a good beer in sydney?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNT650R

Reaction score
Hi brewers!
I will be in sydney in early June,
can you tell me the best places where enjoy a good craft beer?
I travel alone so if someone wants to enjoy the beer with me, will be great to know some Aussie homebrewers!

Thanks Flatcher!
the local sounds good!!!so much taps!!!great!!
I've already sign the address!!I haven't decide which hostel book yet..but anyway for a good beer I can walk!(or catch a bus :D )

Hear the siren call of Frankies Pizza ...

Are there any brewpub or craft brewery in sydney?
Is there a website where I can find the list of all the craft brewery in Australia?
In Italy we have this site:
www.microbirrifici.org
here you can find the map of italy with all the craft breweries
http://www.microbirrifici.org/beer_italy_maps.aspx

Do you have anything like that?It will be useful for me..for example when I was in Brisbane I worked 2 weeks in Bulreigh and I didn't know that the bighead is there...I've discovered it only last week because I read the label! :chug:

TNT650R said:
Are there any brewpub or craft brewery in sydney?
Is there a website where I can find the list of all the craft brewery in Australia?
In Italy we have this site:
www.microbirrifici.org
here you can find the map of italy with all the craft breweries
http://www.microbirrifici.org/beer_italy_maps.aspx

Do you have anything like that?It will be useful for me..for example when I was in Brisbane I worked 2 weeks in Bulreigh and I didn't know that the bighead is there...I've discovered it only last week because I read the label! :chug:
I'm in Italy at the moment and have got to say that some of the artignale beers here are stunning. Btw what's a bloke from nyngan doing in Italy (I'm originally from cobar). As for pubs in sydney - try harts behind grosvenor place.

The Union in Newtown is also a good choice if you're in the inner west (8kms from the CBD or so, easily accessible by public transport).

The Lord Nelson is a small brewpub in the Rocks part of Sydney that has been turning out amazing beer for decades.

Also seconding Harts if you're in the city.

I always enjoy the Australian Heritage Hotel (in the Rocks), they don't brew themselves but have a good number of Aussie beers on tap complimented by a very large range in bottles.

Helps that the food there is good too.

Second both the Lord Nelson and Harts. When in June are you here?

Ken

+1 suggestions so far

1. Local Taphouse - 20 Taps local, interstate and International http://www.thelocal.com.au/SYD/
2. Harts Pub - 12 Taps local and interstate http://hartspub.com/
3. Lord Nelson 6 Ales brewed on site http://www.lordnelsonbrewery.com/
4. Union Hotel Newtown 18 beers local & interstate - look them up on facebook for a taplist

There are one or two others that have craft beer but those are the best ones.

Thanks mates!I take note of all!!!

Young's Henry's
Lord Nelson
Harts
Local Tap House(the name is already a guarantee!)
Union Hotel Newtown
Australian Heritage Hotel (in the Rocks)
Frankies pizza

I will be in Sydney in early June I think around 3th or 4....and I don't know but I think to spend there 2 or more weeks...depends what will happen!!
So I will enjoy to have a beer (or more) with you guys!!
ajmuzza in the last 10 years we had an explosion of craft brewery we have around 350 400 craft brewery...not all of them are good..some are very bad some normal but I think that we have some amazing brewery!And they won a lots of european contest.
You need to taste:
Tipo Pils of Birrificio Italiano (Birrificio means Brewery)is the best european pils from 3 or 4 years....(germany is not happy :D :D )
Wabi of Birrificio Orse Verde is one of my favourite beer and the brewer is friend of mine.
Zest of Birrificio Extraomens
al the beers that you can find of the Birrificio BIDU, Montegioco, Croce di Malto,
Via Emilia Birrificio del Ducato
and other...
where are you exactly?maybe I can tell you some good place to drink, If I know the area...

I will!!I will!!
It's sounds great I won't drink alone and better I can speak about good beer and homebrewing with someone after six months!!!
thanks mates!

Hi guys!
I will arrive in sydney on thursday! evening...and I haven't booked any hostel yet...I don't know I haven't understand how the city is willing :mellow:

Vivid Sydney is still on so the city should be quite busy (more so than usual). I will be around the OPT to catch some of the light show (and getting a pulled pork roll from Eat Art Truck).

Ken

TNT650R said:
Hi guys!
I will arrive in sydney on thursday! evening...and I haven't booked any hostel yet...I don't know I haven't understand how the city is willing :mellow:
jump onto hostelworld.com and see what's in sydney. there's a decent one near me (actually, there are a thousand near me near central) called Bounce. a bit more $$ but apparently one of the best backpackers in sydney. it's close enough walk to some nice pubs and of course, the local taphouse.

I red your post just now....and it s too late...anyway I m in surry hill!i booked in capitan cook hostel...it is not so bad..but the best thing is that I m at 2min from the tap house!!!!!!!!

i would have come for a beer tonight but my little pup is getting the 'chop' today (getting de-sexed), so i'm staying home to make sure he's alright

Back