A Glass To Our Troops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
Boy's
This i not about whether you agree to the war in Afganistan or not. We lost some great men today who were only doing what they were told and representing their country. Please raise a glass to our soldiers that have been lost over the last 24hrs.

Lest we Forget.

:beerbang:

Boy's
This i not about whether you agree to the war in Afganistan or not. We lost some great men today who were only doing what they were told and representing their country. Please raise a glass to our soldiers that have been lost over the last 24hrs.

Lest we Forget.

WELL SAID!!

I'll raise a glass Rowy, doing it now. But for the Afghan defence forces "moles" to kill our guys, I wonder what we are doing there. The British failed there - "North West Frontier" and the Russians failed and were ultimately expelled.

Is it worth it?

I'll raise a glass Rowy, doing it now. But for the Afghan defence forces "moles" to kill our guys, I wonder what we are doing there. The British failed there - "North West Frontier" and the Russians failed and were ultimately expelled.

Is it worth it?

Elphinstone (Elphy Bey) Havelock and soldiers of that nature couldn't do it Bribie...............OK strike elphy but Nicholson was there!

We just heard this on TV, not to proud to say my wife and both shed a tear.

The ultimate sacrifice to give your life for your country, my condolences to the families of these brave men.

Our prayers with you tonight.

Yet again we have given our allies too much. Time to leave - hopefully this will be another reason.

Not a good day by any stretch. :(

Boy's

Lest we Forget.

Well said mate. Now is not the time for politics.

Lest we forget...

Is it worth it?

As Kipling wrote:

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!

Glass lifted to those who die in unwinnable wars.

Two fingers lifted to those who send them there.

My step son is in the army based in Perth and came home about a month ago. Just before he left one of his mates copped it, a terribly sad experience and no words can make it better.
Glass raised. Lest we forget.

My step son is in the army based in Perth and came home about a month ago. Just before he left one of his mates copped it, a terribly sad experience and no words can make it better.
Glass raised. Lest we forget.

I Dont agree with this war but I do support our troops and raise a glass to all their efforts, too many good men lost to a political game of war!

An Aussie brewery has recently made this beer for our troops
402498_353751724647682_972377144_n.jpg

I Dont agree with this war but I do support our troops and raise a glass to all their efforts, too many good men lost to a political game of war!

Too true Lakey, and many of us went through Vietnam as well.
No matter how you package it, wars not a nice out come.
People I'm afraid find hate as their primary emotion these days, and it not just young people it's older people as well.
I find it very sad.

But then some call me a hippy.

Is it worth it?

Not worth it at all...it's another Vietnam.
It's not IEDs taking lives so much anymore, it's these supposed 'allies in training'.
Not that it pardons their actions, but quite often they will have had family members kidnapped by Taliban and are forced to commit these atrocities. Not always though.

I worked with some of the Aussie guys when I was in Helmand with the British Army, as part of an Apache squadron. Great bunch of blokes. Had a few games of cricket too...I'm not telling you the scores though. The loss is felt here too....lest we forget.

People I'm afraid find hate as their primary emotion these days, and it not just young people it's older people as well.
I find it very sad.

way too true, the hope is that others see this wisdom, and affirm to to make changes for themselves, and in doing so infulence others to follow

MB

My condolences from Kiwiland.

We lost a few of ours too a little while back, I feel for the families. Stay strong guys and gals, you'll hopefully be home soon.

Latest posts

Back