A fine mess you made of this Malcolm.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcmfisher said:
Speaking of strange, Fred Nile with a senate seat? WTF?
Never underestimate the Christian vote...... Cory Bernardi is Fred Niles love child

From the AIM

Caretaker Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull yesterday blamed an alleged “scare campaign” by Labor concerning LNP threats to Medicare, for the swing against the government in the election results thus far.
Caretaker Attorney -General George (Bookcase) Brandis blamed Twitter for the alleged denigration of political discourse that apparently contributed to the government’s disappointment. Which is a bit rich coming from the man who declared that everyone has the inalienable right to be a bigot and thinks meta data is the address on an envelope not its contents, but whatever.

Caretaker Immigration Minister Peter Dutton (known as the Brussel Sprout or Mr Potato Head, either way it’s a vegetable) blamed unions for his slide in popularity in the Queensland seat of Dickson.
Several other ministers, including Julie Bishop and Scott Morrison, also blamed Labor’s “scare tactics” for the government’s fall from grace. Some have even blamed the stupidity of voters, a self-defeating attribution of responsibility one would think.
The complete absence of the media from the LNP’s jaundiced, wounded, blaming gaze is remarkable. It tells me that I was right to detect overwhelming bias in their favour from almost every media outlet including, unfortunately, sections of the ABC.
Tony Abbott, that desiccated piece of hyena scat, did obscene things with a sizzled sausage and left early to plot his next thrust for LNP leadership and deja vu all over again.
Such is the arrogance of these entitled drongos that it does not, for one moment, enter their drongo consciousness that they might have alienated voters all by themselves. It has to be somebody else’s fault.
The inability to listen to criticism is a boring characteristic in an individual. It’s boring because such people are in significant ways stunted. There’s nothing more valuable than a bit of criticism: in the emotionally mature it provokes thought and inspires the birth of change, and as I quoted a few days ago, he/she who isn’t busy being born is busy dying. The LNP is busy dying, and it has been for quite some time.
I’m struggling to recall a government that has made quite such a spectacular and total cockup as has this one. I’m not referring to unforgivable decisions such as taking us to war on the spurious platform of non-existent weapons of mass destruction, or taking us to an election based on the imagined threat of a few miserable, hounded and tormented people attempting to escape intolerable circumstances, but rather the internal clusterfucks that have rent the LNP’s fabric in ways that make the ALP’s internecine strife of a few years ago look pretty average, really.
And let us not forget that despite the ALP’s leadership debacles, they still got phenomenal amounts of legislation through. This cannot be said for the LNP, which has yet to resolve the 2014 budget.
However, the LNP is maintaining some consistency, you have to give them that much. They’ve blamed Labor ever since they took office, so there’s a three-year precedent. They’ve barely missed a beat in their blaming, making a smooth transition to blaming the ALP for the current election debacle and no doubt whatever the outcome, they’ll continue to blame Labor without so much as a hiccough.
This is, really, their area of expertise. Good governance? Not so much.
This article was originally published on No Place For Sheep.

wynnum1 said:
With the fake Medicare texts and other phone calls and text messages could this in future be used to harass voters and change how people vote.Do you get pissed with this spam.
Did you get one personally?

Bribie G said:
Did you get one personally?
Not this time but have home phone land line and got totally fed up with charities and others ringing up .

The header on the "No Place For Sheep" web page tells you a lot about their credibility as serious journalists and whether we should be taking their drival seriously.
POLITICS, SOCIETY, SATIRE, FICTION, FUN STUFF
Enough said

Wobbly

Dave70 said:
Something fishy about these labor leaders. Look at Julia eating her pooie. Anybody would think she was afraid to get her hands dirty.

prime_minister_pie_18n1bfr-18n1bgl.jpg
Rule 34

Why does Shorten want Malcolm Turnbull to quit damage like this hasn't happened since Telstra's "three amigos" no could be wrong Australia post.

News confrmng a likely four One Nation Senators in the New Upper House. Half of the lot just elected will not be up for re-election for another six years...

Like Kevin Rudd . cane toads or fire ants they are coming out of Queensland to get you .

wynnum1 said:
Not this time but have home phone land line and got totally fed up with charities and others ringing up .

Text messages on landline phones are really annoying.

Had to laugh at Dutton claiming that "Bikies, Union thugs and Labor" are responsible for him nearly loosing his seat. What? The fact that he's an absolute knob-head never came into the equation?

He's an ex QLD cop, therefore he knows best, no argument, and you are an insignificant dried up piece of snot that deserves a good flogging, out of the reach of CCTV cameras of course.

I remember the Joh era cops up there. Jeez... the hair just went up on the back of my neck.

Vini2ton said:
I remember the Joh era cops up there. Jeez... the hair just went up on the back of my neck.
When every police car had a Yellow Pages.......

Stair-cases and lockers. Turf and surf and brown envelopes. E$nough said.

wide eyed and legless said:
Knob head, that just might qualify him as the next Liberal/labour/PUP/etc/etc leader.
FTFY

LAGERFRENZY said:
News confrmng a likely four One Nation Senators in the New Upper House. Half of the lot just elected will not be up for re-election for another six years...
God help us if Pauline Hitler oops, damn auto correct, Hanson, gets 4 white supremists, oops, there goes that auto correct again, I meant Senators, into the Reich Chancellory, sorry, it just happens automatically, I meant, into Parliament.

Yep Hanson's just kicked off with a demand for a Royal Commission into Islam. The Oxleymoron us back in the saddle.

Same nasal screeching whine like nails scratching on blackboards.
Guess her speech therapy didn't work.

Latest posts

Back