A Few More Small Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
OK, seeing how the Website boffins are working a little slowly ATM I thought I'd add a few more pics of the renno-rescue.

The woodwork is being stripped of 130 year old paint and rotten sections identified to be chopped out.
Next section is to completely replace the roof and walls...
After this the outside decking and access ramp goes in.

Cheers!
:beer:

jx.jpg

fx.jpg

cx.jpg

ex.jpg

And I forgot (too much on my plate ATM) there are no toilets in the brewery but the new ones being built across the road are almost finished.

Cheers

Hi Andrew,

Top pics, I can't wait until you have it up and running.

Yes, a night in Hahndorf after a session at Grumpys and then to Goolwa the following day for another tasting of more quality SA micro beers and of course a stop over to see the sites and partake of the food.

With this visit over, a short trip to the next hotel that has the Gulf Brewery products on tap and more food and another stop over.

I feel that this is the best thing that is happening to the Micro scene in SA. :)

Gee, maybe there is an opening for a Micro tour to start up for some entrepenaur(sp) within the travel industry. :D

Good luck with your project,

Cheers

Oh yes Dicko, I can see it now - a bus driven by Kenny with GMK Enterprises written on the side of it with a load of homebrewers lurching from town to town terrorising the locals! :party:

Bring it on!

Cheers!

but wait theres more.a free set of bottle brushes and an autographed gmk inline filter. :D
looking good andrew.the s.a micro scene is growing well.
tours would be the go dicko.top idea.can i be the designated speaker on these trips that way i can have a few :chug:

cheers
big d

Hi Big d,

Sounds like you may have found your new job in semi retirement.

Now you can't move to Perth, looks like Adelaide might be the go, but remember, you need to forget about the water. :lol:

All jokes aside, I'll be doing the tour, even if Kenny is driving the bus :lol:

Cheers

Alien boy said:
Top spot for a brewery,I'll be down as soon as you open,maybe do an ahb private session for us lucky locals? :)
[post="60387"][/post]​

Hmm, a pre-opening private event for AHB members...
"Yes dear, i have to fly down for a job for work"

An AHB private pre-open special would be fun - perhaps I'd better put that one past WortPig first before making any promises...

Gulp

Looks like it will be great! Great to see this happening around little old Adelaide too. All the best with it, look forward to trying your wares.

jgriffin said:
Alien boy said:
Top spot for a brewery,I'll be down as soon as you open,maybe do an ahb private session for us lucky locals? :)
[post="60387"][/post]​

Hmm, a pre-opening private event for AHB members...
"Yes dear, i have to fly down for a job for work"
[post="60389"][/post]​

Maybe that long talked about national get together for AHB members could just be getting closer ;)

Cheers

I love the idea of the bus guys -

Tours of the breweries - start at Greenock, Lyndoch, Grumpys, Goolwa - overnight...
Then next day on to:
Gulf Brewery and Port Dock....
Finish up for tea at the Belgian Beer Cafe.....

Who's up for this....

GMK said:
I love the idea of the bus guys -

Tours of the breweries - start at Greenock, Lyndoch, Grumpys, Goolwa - overnight...
Then next day on to:
Gulf Brewery and Port Dock....
Finish up for tea at the Belgian Beer Cafe.....

Who's up for this....
[post="60440"][/post]​

Post a date and I'll book my plane ticket.

Hi Ken,
I was thinking more along the lines of a day at each venue. :D

What sort of beers are on at Greenock and Lyndoch?
Last time I was at Greenock (a long long time ago ) it was the usual mega beers but I will say the steaks were great.

I think Grumpys discourage boozy bus tour visits although they might make an exception for us well behaved AHB fellows. :lol:

Might be best, seeing that it was Andrews original post, to start at his brewery.
I dont think being fourth on the list of the first days tour would encourage massive beer sales. Those toilets across the road that Andrew mentioned might get a bit of a hammering tho" :lol:
I feel after the first day, the only bus that any of us may be in control of, is the porcelain bus.

With some fine tuning it would be a top tour so as soon as these new micros are up and running you can include me.

Cheers

I'll log on to Jet star now!... what was the date???

This is going to cause a few waves around the new house !

But count me in !! :beer: :beerbang:

I can't afford to miss this one ! :party:

Batz

I'm sure I could find a reason for work to send me down for a couple of days ;)
Beers,
Doc

Ok - i will organise a price and all the stuff and get back to you when the Steamer and Gulf are Open.....

Cant wait for this.....Who's EXCITED!

Depending on the date (taking 5 weeks holiday in Aug-Sept so should have enough holiday's by the time the breweries open and time to break the news :) ), I'm in.

dont forget im the designated tour bus speaker.if i cant make it who wants to sub for me.(i will be in perth in july 05 so if close by then im not going to make it)
a day per brewery sounds the grouse to me.

cheers
big d

Latest posts

Back