A Day In The Man Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Spent yesterday in the man cave making some brew gadgets.

Heres my hop spider.

hop_spider.JPG

And my pump housing complete with switch.

pump.JPG

Im in a rented house so could never put a hook on the roof to hoist my bag, But luckily we have a cupboard against the wall, and a fridge a couple of metres away, and I brew on my bar fridge in between this, so I came up with this for hoisting my bag.

hoist.JPG

And last but not least I fitted a thermowell to my urn.

thermo.JPG

I was proud of my efforts and went in to show the missus, who was studying. Her reply was .."Babe I haven't got time to look at your silly inventions I have to do this assignment"

Silly inventions...pffft...woman..

Anyway thought I would share it with people who might appreciate the time and effort I put into all of this.... :icon_cheers:

My darling only acknowledges my creativeness when she wants something but I can appreciated where your wife is coming from re assignments.
Man cave shit rocks.
Nev

My wife just says "listening to you talk about brewery things is like you listening to me talking about baby clothes and fancy nappies". We call it even and stick to our respective forums haha

Truman, are you gonna put a lid on that pump housing?

Only reason i ask, is id hate you to seal it up, get a leak, have it fill with water then fry yourself because you didnt see it happening.

My wife just says "listening to you talk about brewery things is like you listening to me talking about baby clothes and fancy nappies". We call it even and stick to our respective forums haha

Theres a forum for nappies??? :huh:

Theres a forum for nappies??? :huh:

Mate, you have no idea. She uses "modern cloth nappies", which have their own cult following (some people pay $200 just for ONE because it has pretty designs embroided on it). I just see them as something that a baby shits in, but apparently I'm the weird one!

She uses "modern cloth nappies", which have their own cult following (some people pay $200 just for ONE because it has pretty designs embroided on it).

SHIT! :D

Mate, you have no idea. She uses "modern cloth nappies", which have their own cult following (some people pay $200 just for ONE because it has pretty designs embroided on it). I just see them as something that a baby shits in, but apparently I'm the weird one!

OMFG!!.... that now gives a good argument in the event that something for the brewery is needed. At least you don't shit in your beer!!

Truman, are you gonna put a lid on that pump housing?

Only reason i ask, is id hate you to seal it up, get a leak, have it fill with water then fry yourself because you didnt see it happening.

Good point mate, but no I was just going to leave it open like it is. When I'm finished for the day the power pack sits inside the box with the pump. But now it's also to keep an eye out if it starts to leak.

I took the missus to the Tim McGraw and Fath Hill concert on Tuesday night. (She loves him and is a big fan)
We were in the first tier and she was spewing at everyone in the front row getting to touch his hand.

He walked off the side of the stage onto the floor to meet and greet whilst singing and I grabbed her, took her down to the stairs and helped her push her way through the crowd. She got really close barged passed a female security guard and wrapped her arms around his waste and hugged him, until two security prised her arms off him.

It made her year, she didn't think she would get a chance to go near him, and now Im husband of the year... So of course Im milking it for all I can, hence all the brewery projects and money Im spending. I figure I can ride on the back of that for at least a month, maybe more.... :D

Shit that explains my bad brews lately. I've only just started using teal milk crates. Will get rid of them and see if things improve. Thanks for the heads up.

Milk crates have gotta be black or grey!
Nice job everywhere else tho!

re 'hop spider'

A woolies cooling rack with 'legs' that lock on to a Big W pot with a cut-away centre to attached a swiss voille hopsock. Rack is great for lifting/resting BIAB.

BigWRackhops.jpg

Re nappies:
Get a group of motherswith babies and before too long they are talking about baby shit, what it looks like , what fifferent food does to it, theyve all got some sort of baby shit fetish. :lol:

I have blue crates and pink buckets no wonder my beers taste like arse and they dont even get used in the brewery!

Back