A Couple Of B3 Brew Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took of my first brew day. I am going to brew tomorrow so I will take a couple more pics. Let me know if you want to see something in more detail or another component and I will make sure I take the appropriate shot. I will get a shot of all the hoses hooked up for recirculating the mash - it looks cool.

boiler_burner_9_1.JPG

boiling_10_1.JPG

chiller_and_pump_11_1.JPG

Good stuff Merc. :beerbang:

That's one sweet looking system. You'll be getting years of fun out of it, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Warren -

What can we say? Simply an awesome setup Merc!
Great to see all the pics.

What was the brew and how did it go?

Hoops

Hoops, the saga of my first brew is in the pub section under 'brew day finally'.

I decided to go with a Kolsch - I am not sure why but it had something to do with the simple grain bill and hop additions. Anyway I am glad to say it is bubbling away happily!!

I bought it from USA from a group called Morebeer - www.morebeer.com

If you do a search on my name you will find the posts about the process of buying it and getting it here to Australia. Have a look at the more beer web site it is great. Heaps of gear you can buy - just note that Grain and Grape in Maidstone stock quite bits of the More Beer gear.

Very nice Merc, what a great system. Out of interest, how many litres & how long did it take to boil? I see the burner has a nice looking flame :p

PhilS - 44 litres in the boil, one hour boil with 38 litres at the end. Lost 4.4 to trub so 33.6 in the fermenter.

Just a quick one, Merc? How come cooper's didn't lend you a couple of kegs?

:p :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

unreal merc.great shots.good to see you are finally brewing on it.
now for the stuff you asked for.
what was your first ag on this system
wheres the pic of the silver merc in the background to set it off
and can we get a pic of you wearing that nice shirt you wore on dancing with the stars last night whilst brewing ;) :D :p

cheers
big d

ps dont let dicko near your beer else wise you will ruin his diet and dancing steps. :lol:

big d said:
and can we get a pic of you wearing that nice shirt you wore on dancing with the stars last night whilst brewing ;) :D :p

Geez I though i was having a low shot with the coopers thing!

That setup has definitley given me some ideas for my new brewstand.

sorry merc.ive had one too many alts.i re read your post.ok you did a kolsch.cheers

d :ph34r:

hhmmm,do i see a bulk ag day at merc,s place :D

ahb brewing with the stars day coming up
*the stars are the ahb crew watching merc do his stuff*

Two things only.

1) a word on the set up - drooooool!

2) a request, can I have it when your are finished with it??

from,

wee stu's brury - where all good preloved brewing equipment finds a loving home

awrabest, stu

Back