A Brewery At Home

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
There are home brewer/breweries and there are those that have a brewery at home.

Check out this dudes setup.
If I was in Norway with that type of weather I'd be staying inside and brewing too.

All that nice shiney metal. :wub: :wub:

Doc

in one word WOW and only a capacity of 1000 litres

Yes, very impressive. 1000 litres.
My wife was even impressed.
Said I could have one when we win lotto. Personally I think 1000 litre brewing capacity is overkill.
Maybe if I setup a roadside stall :D

Doc

This is more my speed.Might have to have a go at putting an urn on top, then the bucket mash tun, then keg boiler.

Have a look at www.brewtree.com :D

Check out these Brewing Sculptures.
Surely you could get one built for cheaper that that though, remembering all prices are $US.

Beers,
Doc

Do they have so many kegs (3) to make life easy. I by no means know much about mash brewing (trying my first this weekend) but i have been thinking of ways to mack such a setup.

I was going to make the pots/kegs with rolled SS and tig welding it up. I have the gear so it makes it doable, i hear the welds are not good to have rather you want "weld less" kegs

I was thinking one to boil the water, then one to mash in (insulated drum / fermentor / bucket with faulse floor).

a fermentor.

boil in the top, then tap it to the "mash bucket" sparge etc, then place it back into the boil keg(top), Chill it, and into fermentor.

I could be way off, and most likly i am, but then you have a boiler (one gas burner), the mash/sparge buckets, and your fermenter.

why do they have 3 gas heaters?

thanks and sorry for what may be stupid questions :)
to much :chug: kills my brain (and its 10min before the end of the working week)

The top one is the HLT (hot liquor tank).
The second is the mash tun.
The third is the boiler.

Cheers,
Doc.

Back