A Big Thankyou To All!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enerjex

Reaction score
Hi all. Has been an interesting journey the last couple of months since I got back into homebrewing. A couple of kit and kilos to start with, wasn't happy, then 5 extract brews, was a lot happier but still missing something. I then did an 8 litre test mini batch of an all grain APA (all my extract equipment permitted) which tasted fantastic 4 days after bottling but developed an infection of some sort. So with no right whatsoever to embark on brewing all grain full batches after such little time, after buying some gear, today I brewed my first all grain full batch. To say I've crammed my head senseless with information over the last 2 months would be an understatement, but it was what I wanted. Without the constant nurturing of members on this forum this would have never happened and I'd probably still be doing k&k's and would give up again in a couple of months. A special thanks to a couple of traders as well Ross has been fantastic with his help and also Grain and Grape's website fantastic (amongst others, howtobrew.com springs to mind) for simple easy to understand imformation as well as great customer service from them both. So a big thankyou to all, a lot of info is demanded on this website which is what a forum is aimed towards, but I think it's important to show due appreciation for a great system. Here are a few happy snaps from this arvo. I'm sure there are 57 things I could do better but that will come as I'm also sure I'm doing 57 things better than when I started. Sorry about the quality of the text I've had a mini personal celebration here :D .

brew2.JPG

brew5.JPG

brew6.JPG

brew7.JPG

brew9.JPG

IMG_0493.jpg

next one will be piss easy :)
hope it tastes great.

Thanks tangent, it actually went along very smoothly, much better than I expected. The only thing that caught me by surprise was the evaporation, 7 litres during the 60 min boil! Out of the boiler it tasted beautifully fresh and clean, like nothing I've done before.

Well done Enerjex :super:
Great to see yet another coming over to the dark side. Hope it's the 1st of many fabulous brews to come :chug:

Cheers Ross

Great stuff, well done. Just wait until it ferments and has been in the bottle for a couple of weeks. You'll never look back. Before my first AG, I couldn't comprehend how much better beer could be than what I was producing with partial mashes.

Now, a whole new world has opened up. Explore and enjoy.

I've done 8 or 9 all-grain brews, with the latest being the first with non-Aussie malt - and it's the best beer I've tasted, well, best lager anyway.

Well done mate :beerbang:

No looking back now you know, you are on a rollercoaster on a mobius band!

cheers

Browndog

Well done, the beers just keep getting better from here on mate.

Last week I couldn't even spell BREWER. Today I ARE ONE!!!! :lol: :lol:

Congrats Mate,

Did my first two 'solo' AGs past two weekends (1st was a VJVal's brew day on PP's equip -- ages ago). Would be doing another one this weekend, but my wife declared it a non-brewing weekend (have to get ready for a house visit).

Lots of things went wrong -- evaporation a bit, but mostly temperature control. All sorts of questions as well -- some of which I found answers to recently on this site, such as the trub in the bottom of my no-chill cube. You're right, AHB is a fabulous space.

While there is a long way to go on the journey. the hydro jar samples have been fabulous. Despite it being a non-brewing weekend, I'll bottle the first of my two batches -- a dry stout. Looking forward to some extended in depth analysis. :beer:

Nice to see your post. Sorry for the hijack, but wanted to second that emotion.

Cheers, Brian

Onya Enerjex. Congratulations....now you're stuffed :D

Cheers
Steve

Energex ,

Your mission now will be to refine you system with endless gadgets which may appear cheap on the outset but when you are addicted you cant help yourself a bag of grain here a bigger bag of hops there a book or two . It all adds up !!!

I dont suppose you will be like us brewing far much more beer than you can ever resonably drink .

And now with The No Chill method you can have all those cubes lining up outside the fermentation fridge ( cuz you like mashin more :blink:

Never mind its cheaper than playing Golf .

And its more satifying IMO.

However your missus wont be very happy if you camp out in her laundry .

Oh and by the way you are not a real brewer until you got a March pump ( thats another $250 ) ;)

Happy Mashing and brewing

Pumpy :)

Latest posts

Back