A Big Thanks To Ross

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 384

Reaction score
Last week I was on the Gold Coast for the Australian International Education Conference. While I was up there Ross kindly arranged for a night out on the town. Before hitting the Oxford 152, we had a few HB's at Ross'. For someone who has only recently turned his hand to AG, he makes a top class beer. My personal view is that his beers taste so good, because he pays very close attention to fermentation temps. Ross has got a very nice tem controlled fridge that measures the temp of the wort. The beers I had that night were all nice and clean, with no funky flavours from too hot or overstressed yeast. His Schwarzbier was a real highlight and much better that the micro-brewed version at the Oxford 152.

After that it was over to the Oxford 152 for some very nice micro-brewed beers. Only dissapointment of the night was the Amber Ale.

I wasn't the best the next day, but had to make a show of it for the conference. That night we had the conference dinner, and they booked Sea World. Even with a hangover I still went on the roller coaster.

Thanks for a top night out!

Cheers
MAH

Mate, It was a pleasure - Top guy & great company - My apologies for sleeping most of the way back to the Gold Coast, beer & car journeys do it to me every time... :) Just as well my wife's used to it... :D

And a big apology from me for pulling out at the last minute. I would have loved to catch up and have a few beers with you guys, but unfortunately the logistics of a midweek night out defeated me. Hope to catch up next time you're up here, MAH.

Cheers - Snow

i'd like to extend a warm thankyou to Ross (and Jackie) too..
after meeting for a few brews at 152.. with Ross and his lovely wife, we were driven all around brisbane picking up my mates and dropping us off at unknown addresses... Love ya work..!
thank god for the polite lady directing us on the GPS.
a great afternoon... sorry i couldnt make the brew day on the sunday!

Oxford 152 had some great beers.. the wheat (which my girlfriend consumed quite a few of..) and APA were both great, but the one-off Oktoberfest was a highlight.. great malt profile and went down well after trying several other from the range.

Latest posts

Back