• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

A 4v 50 litre Brewery for Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
Due to me scaling down my 3v plus Herms all Stainless Steel 50 litre brewery is for sale.

Specs are as follows

100 litre SS HLT electric fired with a 2200w element and controlled by a 16 amp temp controller(not a cheapy)
This tank is insulated with Nitrile Rubber and has a sight guage for volume and a Teltru temp guage

50 litre SS Mash Tun with a 12 inch SS false Bottom all SS plumbing and my “cup runneth over” adjustable SS mash wort return system. This tank is insulated with Nitrile Rubber and has a Teltru temp guage.

10 litre SS Herms tank with approx 7.5 metres of copper coil and a 2200w electric element from a kettle, controlled by another 16 amp temp controller which works perfectly for stepped mashes to enable full repeatability with each brew. This tank is insulated with Nitrile Rubber

100 litre SS Brew Kettle with measured permanently fitted volume strip, (dip stick), SS tap and wort return and fired by a NASA burner with the correct HP regulator.

It has a 30 plate SS chiller or a home made CfWC (the choice to the buyer) for cooling the wort.

The heart of the system is a 809 March pump, all fittings are Stainless Steel Camlocks and all hoses are silicon.

The system only needs 10 amp sockets and you can get away with only one socket if you time the heating of the sparge water

The frame although having been modified a few times is 50mm square black painted mild steel tube and is still set as a 3 tier system which allows the user to gravity feed if required. It is a large frame but could be cut down to suit any situation.

This brewery since being built has done 26 brews only.

I will include a 35 litre(approx) aluminium mash tun with a copper manifold (for doing half size brews) although after trials I found the standard mash tun did 25 litre brews without a problem.

I am asking $1900.00 for the complete system which represents very good value as the cost of the pots and the stainless fittings far exceeded this figure.
Replacement cost to have this built would be in the vicinity of $5000.00

I can arrange delivery to Adelaide or if a buyer chooses to come to Port Lincoln to pick it up, I will do a brew as a demo and as a “No Chill” to take home (bring your own cubes) and I will assist with dismantling the unit.

Please PM me if interested. I am not considering splitting this unit.

Cheers

Brewery 4 (Small).jpg

Kettle  1 (Small).jpg

Herms  1 (Small).jpg

Mash Tun  5 (Small).jpg

nice rig, good luck

if you swap HLT with MLT you could squeeze 4 cubes out of her, or 3 easily.

Yob said:
Bloody tidy that rig..

What have you downsized to?
I know but I won't say :ph34r:

Well, I'm pretty certain I know.

He should probably shed it for when he sells the other one then...

Good luck with the sale, quality stuff!!

Yob said:
He should probably shed it for when he sells the other one then...

Good luck with the sale, quality stuff!!
Why do you have such hatred for quality german engineering Yob?

PS Have sent a link to a couple of mates in Adelaide telling them to man up and be serious.

sillyboybrybry said:
PS Have sent a link to a couple of mates in Adelaide telling them to man up and be serious.
Hi sbbb,

If mates in Adelaide are interested tell them to PM me and we can exchange phone numbers and talk a deal.

Cheers

Great setup dicko at a bargain price.
Are you heading down the BM route? 20l or 50l?
I'd be shelling out on a 20lt if I had the spare cash.
Good luck with the sale.

sillyboybrybry said:
Dicko,

One does not have the room and the other just isn't ready for the commitment that kind of set up requires.
That's a shame sbbb, the unit would be ideal for two like minded guys to go halves in and with the double batches they would be constantly in quality beer but at a good price.

Food for thought....

Cheers

Cocko said:
Such a awesome rig mate! Well built!

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Cocko, yes I am very proud of it.

I was reluctant to scale down but a back injury that persists in causing me pain was the main cause.
I had previously sold my ice bank chiller and bar in favour of a Keg King kegorator and no longer want to lift 50 litre kegs. This as well as lifting the brewery and fermenter vessels for cleaning etc wasn't doing me any good at all.
When I sold the ice bank chiller and the bar I bought a 20L BM and apart from it performing exactly the same as my brewery with repeatability, it is very light in construction and is easy to lift for cleaning etc.

I have had a couple of enquiries so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the sale.

Cheers

Just a note to let all know that the brewery is sold.

Thank you for the enquiries and PM messages.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back