9l Kegs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPH87

Reaction score
Hey brewers, do you think it is worth having 9L kegs?
Cheers!

Looking at the price of a new 9L vs a 2nd hand corny it doesn't seem worth it. Unless there's a need for a small portable system.

I agree that the only reason is for portability otherwise I the price can't really be justified IMHO.

I use my nines to "hide" some beer I want to let age (as I normally drink the first half from cornies, then hide) I can put 2 nines on the hump of me freezer, I use the others for parties, line cleaners, etc..

I us minefo portability and beers i know i wont drink 19L of...

I recognise these words, but this sentence just does not make any sense. :D

I was assuming he's brewing half batches of a VB clone and putting that in his 9's. :icon_vomit:

Bulk buy? You're not going to get them any cheaper than $80ea from eBay Germany.

I think they're great not just for taking to parties, away camping etc. but for splitting batches for aging, kegging small experimental batches, or occasionally swapping full keg for full keg with your other brewing mates.

The German bloke from Ebay was awesome to deal with regarding 9L kegs, Unsure of his user name but there was a massive thread on here about it.

I think they worked out to $70-$80 each.

They are very handy for that extra 4-6L left over from each batch as im too lazy to bottle anymore :D

I also scaled a few recipes upto 27L which fills one standard corny and 1 9L keg which is perfect for parties etc

Not VB, Tooheys Red... :icon_drool2:

Does anyone have the name of that German Ebay seller? I can't seem to find it.

I'd be very interested in grabbing 1 or 2, reading old posts it seems postage is cheaper getting 4 at a time?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the German guy is definitely out of stock and will not be getting new ones in. Have contacted him a few month ago via his website.

9L kegs are awesome. I couldn't do without them!
*party/portable kegs
*line cleaning
*small batches
*batches where you want to bottle half, keg half
*batches where you want to age half, & drink half straight away
*when you don't have enough fridge space
*can transfer from 19L kegs when they're half empty to free up more fridge space
*they look cool
*etc etc.

Or even more accurately, Scheie. :)

Scheier would be a shitter, as in someone who does a shit (so basically everyone). Scheie is just plain shit.

Edit: Agree with your sentiments though, I should have ordered some when this thread came up years ago.

Jawohl, es ist Scheisse. Ich muss ein anderen haben.
Just got me interested again, I have one but could use another to split batches. If anyone comes up with a plan, I'd be in for noch Ein.

I should add that Ich bin nicht ein Berliner, Bamburger, Hamburger oder ein Frankfurter, my German sucks, but I do have all of Kraftwerk's albums on vinyl.

Zapfanlagen doktor,is his ebay name.And he is definately out of 9l kegs emailed him last week,luckily i got 4 of them last year,top bloke to deal with!

Latest posts

Back