98l (or Other) Stainless Steel Pot Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philski

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm looking at starting a bulk buy for 98L stainless steel stock pots from China. We may also be able to do a mix of other sizes (36, 50, 70, 98, 115, 130 etc).

I plan on getting 2 x 98L of these pots to complete my system.

I am after an EOI at this stage to see if anyone else wants to get in on this and get the cost down.

The 98L pots are 500mm high and 500mm diameter and 98L. Perfect for a kettle, mash tun and HLT! :ph34r:

I anticipate they will be anywhere from $100-200 delivered to Australia depending on quantity but I'm not sure on the shipping cost from China/Hong Kong as it may be high.

Here are the specs:
98L stainless steel stock pot dimensions

I already have one of these pots at home which I bought off eBay so I am trying to source the exact same type. They are stainless steel, with handles and a lid and a compound aluminium sandwich bottom as shown in the link above. The wall thickness is 1.2mm. It looks like the suppliers on Alibaba have the exact same one and I have sent off a few messages in regards to price.

I have successfully drilled through the pot and installed weldless fittings on the one I have at home and they work a treat.

I'm in Melbourne, so if you live elsewhere there will be the cost to send it internally (I imagine $25-40 depending on location/time).

We may be able to do get other sizes, and I think you can get 36L, 50, 70, 98, 115, 130 etc

Cheers

Phil

I'd be interested in another 36L pot depending on the price they quote you. I'd also need box dimensions and weight to price shipping.

OK.

So I have a quote of USD $78 EACH for the 98L stainless steel stock pot 500x500.

BUT

The FREIGHT COST (by air) is USD $175 EACH!!!!!!

I am working to see if they can be sent by sea which presumably would be remarkably cheaper....

The cost per pot is promising though.

I will post with any updates.

edit: Just got a reply re sea freight and it is USD $300 for 2, but will be cheaper for more. There may also be a local customs charge I am told.

I now have a quote from another supplier. No freight info yet.

Product size: φ500H500mm
Packing size: 54*54*56mm
N.W: 13.5kgs
G.W: 15.1kgs
Capacity: 98L
Material: stainless steel 201 body, capsule bottom
Thickness: 1.2mm body, 5mm bottom
Can be used on induction cooker

Sample price: EX-factory(without VAT) USD 102.00/pc
* above price do NOT include freight cost and tax
Regarding the freight cost, I will reply you tomorrow.

Hi Phil,

I'm tentatively interested in one 83l ss pot.

Cheers,
Dan

Keen on a 98L

as them for a quote door to door that will include shipping to your address

Phil,

Will you be getting production sample prior to the order?

Something you could possibly post pix of at the time and ensure your order is for a quality of product?

Phil,

Will you be getting production sample prior to the order?

Something you could possibly post pix of at the time and ensure your order is for a quality of product?

I've already got one of the pots at home. I bought it off eBay and the bloke I got it from bought them from china. I've looked at the pictures and is exactly the same pot so I'm confident on the quality. I'll take some snaps of my pot and post them tomorrow.

Had a read. I agree with BradC's comments. I've got a 50L and a 98L one of these pots and have been using the 50L for over 2 years and plenty of brews with no problems whatsoever. The inside of the pot is not a mirrored finish as was noted in that forum. Obviously a couple of people got some out of a bad batch back when that forum was started. I haven't had any rust or anything on my 50L pot. Only had the 98L for one brew so far but it looks the same as the 50L.

Note in this case we are not dealing with Handy Imports, but I plan on buying direct from the supplier.

Cheers

Phil

Just got a reply re sea freight and it is USD $300 for 2, but will be cheaper for more.

Can they be stacked inside each other for shipping? as that will be a major factor in how much that shipping price drops for larger quantities. If they stack, the price should drop pretty rapidly for additional units.

Can they be stacked inside each other for shipping? as that will be a major factor in how much that shipping price drops for larger quantities. If they stack, the price should drop pretty rapidly for additional units.

I was thinking the same. Also if people want smaller ones they can go inside the bigger pots. I would imagine the main cost is due to volume so if we can decrease that we should be doing better.

Once we have a few more interested I will try and get an accurate quote.

Tentatively interested, cost effective freight will be deciding factor.

Ok, sorry, I was going off what I could see on the Handy Imports site, no 70s or 98s listed there.

I'll future proof my rig then, I think.

No one has ever thought ''If only I could make less beer''

98L please.

Dan

OK, so far tentatively we have:

phislki x 2 98L
jonsey32 x 1 36L
Danwood x 1 98L
Robbo2234 x 1 98L
Hyjak71 x 1 98L
tones0606 x 1 98L
Lukasfab x 1 70L

Total:
1 x 36L
1 x 70L
6 x 98L

All tentative (as I am) depending on postage cost. I have emailed back to get a price on postage for this order.

Back