90 Litre Boiler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I have joined the Jayse and the Dicko brewers and added a 90 lt boiler to my brewery

Double batches here we go

60 lt boiler in the background

Batz

That looks sweet Batz.
What to share the details ? Supplier, cost, SS grade ?

Beers,
Doc

Batz,
Double batches are the only way to go :chug:
cheers
Darren

wow! that boiler didnt look all that big until i opened the thumbnail. its a monster.
hope you got a burner that packs some serious heat :eek:
joe

NASA burner will get it fired up

It's ally Doc , $140.00

Most catering suppliers could score one

Batz

Jeez Batz, I bet you badly regret giving away your 80 l kettle for nix! But you cant have it back now, I had 55 l boiling in it today. And for the first time ever had a boil that kind of got close to a boilover. Took 26 mins from a cooled sparge temp to boiling, NASA burners rock! Anyway, what a great site this is with a bunch of helpful guys, poor old Batz was so helpful he gave me a kettle that he ended up having to replace for $140! And mine is heavy gauge stainless, and his is that forgetfully stuff!

mayte i was quoted 2 times that much for a $100 ali pot......where did you get it Batz?

Guest Lurker said:
Jeez Batz, I bet you badly regret giving away your 80 l kettle for nix! But you cant have it back now, I had 55 l boiling in it today. And for the first time ever had a boil that kind of got close to a boilover. Took 26 mins from a cooled sparge temp to boiling, NASA burners rock! Anyway, what a great site this is with a bunch of helpful guys, poor old Batz was so helpful he gave me a kettle that he ended up having to replace for $140! And mine is heavy gauge stainless, and his is that forgetfully stuff!
[post="72699"][/post]​

Funny..I had forgotten about that :huh:

Batz

I got my 60 litre ally pot for $99. From memory the quote for the $90 litre was around $140-$150.

Big_kettle.JPG

I measured the inner SS liner of a dishwasher slated for the bin at work today... 147L - close enough to 150L :D

I think i'm doing to have to load that sucker into my van :super:

Adrian

That's giving me the horn, batz. So are you going to get rid of that scrawny 60L job in the background?

Kai said:
That's giving me the horn, batz. So are you going to get rid of that scrawny 60L job in the background?
[post="72714"][/post]​

I'll keep that to do play brews :lol:

Batz

Hi Batz,
Top pics.
I am pleased with my 90 litre kettle and the "Nasa" gets a boil going on a 65 litre wort that you wont believe.
The extra diameter means that you lose a bit more to evaporation (boil off ) but I have never had clearer beers since using the new kettle and being able to really get the boil happening.
I lose 13 litres in a one hour boil as opposed to 8 litres from a 50 litre stainless vessel, but if you calculate that in to your beersmith/promash it is not a worry.
Good brewing

Batz said:
Kai said:
[post="72714"][/post]​

I'll keep that to do play brews :lol:

Batz
[post="72716"][/post]​
Does size matter?
I'm starting to feel inadequate. :lol:

johnno

your not a real brewer till you have a 90L kettle :D :p :ph34r:

sorry, i *had* to do it

I used this today and did my first 50 lt batch.

After AG brewing for several years now , why the hell hadn't I done this before?
Takes the same amount of time , similar effort but yelds 50 lt !

I am hooked , your not a real............

No no won't start that ! :huh:

Batz

Batz said:
I used this today and did my first 50 lt batch.

After AG brewing for several years now , why the hell hadn't I done this before?
Takes the same amount of time , similar effort but yelds 50 lt !

I am hooked , your not a real............

No no won't start that ! :huh:

Batz
[post="73789"][/post]​

Just when we thought we were real brewers (with our soon to be delivered March pumps) you now have to up the ante :( , when will it ever end. I can see Australia having the most microbreweries in the world at this rate :p .

Cheers
Andrew

Have you lifted the ******* off to clean it yet? Actually I guess your ali one might not weigh that much, but carrying the stainless steel version with 3 l of hop spooge to the garden takes the gloss off a bit.

Back