9.5L Keg and Carbonation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewologist

Reaction score
HI,

I have a question about carbonating a newly acquired 9.5L corny keg.

I have been using 19L corny's with my keg set up and force carbonating at 230kpa for about 30 hours. The beers have had good carbonation with that method. I'm just not sure how long a should carb the 9.5L keg for. Common sense tells me it will take half the time but I'm not sure. Is there anyone using 9.5L kegs out there that can give me some tips.

Cheers,

Gav.

yep...good question...i've never actually thought about how long it takes my 9.5's...
So , like you suggest...try half the time...and if its not enough...give it some more juice....
Cheers
Ferg

Thanks for the info ferg.

I put the gas on a half filled 19L corny at 6.30pm last night and took it off the gas at 8.30am this morning. So 14hrs is about half the usual time @ 230kpa for half the amount of beer.

The keg should be equalised ready to hook up when I get home from work tonight. I'll report back.

Cheers,

Hmmmm beer o'clock and the beer is flowing freely.

90kpa of pressure, 4.5 meters of beer line and beer is pouring very nicely. 14hrs @ 230kpa gave a nice amount of carbonation.

Next up I will try the same method with the 9.5L corny.

Latest posts

Back