8th Feb 2015 - get together at Long Jetty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone brewing

Reaction score
This email was sent to everyone on the cccb mailing list. Best to post replies here for everyone to see:

Hey brewers,

There’s been a bit of discussion on AHB about having another meeting and we got as far as picking a time and date. We will meet at the park at Long Jetty on Sunday 8th Feb at 3pm, till about 5pm. Nothing special planned for the meeting, just bring a couple of beers to share if you got ‘em but no problem if you don’t, there’s always plenty to try.

We can have a bit of discussion about what, if anything, people want to organise for 2015.

I’ll post this on AHB as well so everyone can reply there.

See you there.
Dick

pending input from wifey, im in.

I am expecting to be there as well.

I actually think the chances of me having any beers to share are low, the kegs are almost bare. But anyway, I should be there.

Thought it would be a good time to remind you all that the meeting is this Sunday.

Also has anyone got plans to bring along a portable BBQ so we can cook up a few snags like we've done at previous meetings?

Cheers
Dick

If no one has a portable I have a small charcol bbq that I could bring.
Let me know if it is needed

i dont have a portable bbq... but i can pick up some nice fresh bread/rolls on the way.

Hey Josh

Yes, bring your charcoal BBQ. I'll bring a few snags and we have the bread/rolls covered. See you on Sunday.

Hi guys, just one thing... where is the park in Long Jetty.
I haven't been before, and i dont frequent long jetty

Thanks

It is on Tuggerah Parade Long Jetty, the park runs the length of the water, but opposite Venice St there are some picnic tables undercover, and that is where we normally meet

gone brewing said:
Hey Josh

Yes, bring your charcoal BBQ. I'll bring a few snags and we have the bread/rolls covered. See you on Sunday.
Can Do

joshuahardie said:
It is on Tuggerah Parade Long Jetty, the park runs the length of the water, but opposite Venice St there are some picnic tables undercover, and that is where we normally meet

Perfect!

I'll be there, finally with my 6 packs of Barley wine from the group brew. Do we need anything else for the BBQ?

someone needs to bring the sauce!
dont forget the sauce!

Meeting wrap up:

The sun was warm, the breeze was cool, the beers were outstanding. Altogether it was a good meeting and nice to catch up again.

Rob brought along a very flavoursome saison, Ben had a great IPA with a lot of hop flavour, as did Brydon's (not quite) IPA. Josh's weizen was a nice summer beer and Andrew's Amarillo Ale also hit the mark. Brydon and myself both had brought along Dr Smurto's Golden Ales so we did a back to back tasting on the two and it might have been the bratwurst sausage I had just eaten but I didn't pick a lot difference between them, both were good.

In terms of the agenda for 2015, we talked about having another 3 meetings this year with the next one at end April/early May at Long Jetty (or someone's place if anyone wants to offer). Josh mentioned an outing to the Great Australian Beer Festival. Is this what you meant Josh? >>> http://www.gabsfestival.com.au/#

Also there was some discussion about doing another group brewday at Duane's, but this time making a Belgian Strong Ale (Dubbel, Tripel, Blond etc). Sounds good to me!

Cheers
Dick
:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back