8 Beers you should never drink... supposedly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not For Horses said:
I don't agree with you but I also don't disagree.
I can see both sides of the argument. Someone has to pay researchers. These new strains of plants that are being developed are being done for the good of mankind. Probably. The people that fund the research should have the right to own them. They built them after all. My big concern is the potential for monopoly. If new and better species are produced, will they push the others to extinction? And if yes, that means that the only way to grow *insert crop here* is to pay someone for it. This, I think, is bad.
Yes, that is one of the economic consequences. In reality the human-induced homogenisation of life forms on Earth may prove to be in humankind's interest in the long run. It may not. It's impossible to know.

Some would even disagree with that as a criteria for evaluation. I see where such people are coming from as my intuition is filled with sadness with every extinction.

Forever Wort said:
Some would even disagree with that as a criteria for evaluation. I see where such people are coming from as my intuition is filled with sadness with every extinction.
About 99.9% of all the spices that have ever existed in the planet in the last four and a half billion years have become extinct.
Sadder than emo :(

:(

Son of a bitch, did it again!
I hate emoticons..

General death is sad in a general way, but when humans are responsible it is extra emo cos I am a human and I dig nurturing, not killing. We could bring so many more species along for the ride than we seem to be doing.

So much potential, damn yee humans, quit squandering it!

:mellow:

Sadder than emo :(

NOTHING is sadder than emo.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13700000/sad-emo-emo-13789212-536-396.jpg
sad-emo-emo-13789212-536-396.jpg

Of course if a big GM company didn't have copyright they wouldn't bother inventing something like terminator seeds.... and anyway, such things existed before GM, didn't they. The issue isn't even really terminator seeds that last only one generation - it's the deceptive or tricky salesmanship sometimes associated with it (getting a farmer to get rid of their old crops, buy the seeds for a new crop, and then, with no seeds from their old crop, buying new seeds from the same company year after year).

So it's a hard issue. While a company should have a right to make a profit from their research I am far from convinced that they should have that right forever - because what's lost, then, is a valuable concept of common knowledge, common property. Some things should ultimately just not be owned by anyone.

Case in point, the bullshit artist in the USA who is currently trying to sue for the ownership of the symbol Pi! I mean, I'm all for creative people being able to earn money from their work - but on the other hand, what a dickhead!

sp0rk said:
I provided this to a vegan mate, but he said he'll still go with The Food Babe's shite because she's promoting critical thinking and questioning what companies put in our food (even if she's wrong)
There's no reasoning with some fools :(
I think this attitude is related to the quite popular approach of "I feel it's right", there are a disturbing number of people who completely ignore research and go with what they think purely based on it being their opinion and therefore having some validity.

(This is where I continue ranting about the increasing narcissism present in society...)

In other words, a hucksters paradise.

I ate a salad today.

I feel empowered.

...Ok...now that I am empowered....I off to the pub

Acid / Alkaline diets, after writing the post this morning, my nutritionist rang to see how my diet is going asked her about the PH levels in our bodies and was told how good our bodies are at balancing PH without any supposed help from ourselves or experts and if our bodies did become to acid the main organs would fail and we would die.
Not for Horses, read a lot about carbohydrates conversion to glucose feeding cancer, this is not the case have found the best way to learn about cancer is stick to the Australian, American and British official sites, there is no super food, no magic bullet in fact the only way that I can see of helping the chemotherapy is to use the mind to fight cancer, if athletes minds destroys their bodies ( muscle meltdown ) I would hope that it is just as powerful to repair the body.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I ate a salad today.

I feel empowered.

...Ok...now that I am empowered....I off to the pub

Me to.

Arranged vertically and compressed between a beef patty and two pieces of bread.

Hope I don't catch coeliac disease from the rolls.

Yeah an anti GMO friend of mine who likes constantly spamming me on facebook with anti GMO stuff posted this also. Funny thing is that i think they are so blinded by the GMO crap they forgot that the actual ingredient in beer that is not good for you is alcohol. I love drinking the stuff myself but I'm not kidding myself into thinking that it is good for me.

heshtek said:
Yeah an anti GMO friend of mine who likes constantly spamming me on facebook with anti GMO stuff posted this also. Funny thing is that i think they are so blinded by the GMO crap they forgot that the actual ingredient in beer that is not good for you is alcohol. I love drinking the stuff myself but I'm not kidding myself into thinking that it is good for me.
They also don't realise most foods they eat have been GMO for quite a few thousand years via cross pollination/breeding
Genetically Engineered however...

wide eyed and legless said:
Acid / Alkaline diets, after writing the post this morning, my nutritionist rang to see how my diet is going asked her about the PH levels in our bodies and was told how good our bodies are at balancing PH without any supposed help from ourselves or experts and if our bodies did become to acid the main organs would fail and we would die.
Not for Horses, read a lot about carbohydrates conversion to glucose feeding cancer, this is not the case have found the best way to learn about cancer is stick to the Australian, American and British official sites, there is no super food, no magic bullet in fact the only way that I can see of helping the chemotherapy is to use the mind to fight cancer, if athletes minds destroys their bodies ( muscle meltdown ) I would hope that it is just as powerful to repair the body.
Your body will make glucose out of just about anything. It's a bit like Mr Fusion in that respect. Not eating carbohydrates isn't going to change that.
Also, your stomach is very acidic and an almost unbelievably good pH buffer. It is in fact true that cancer cannot live in an alkaline environment but that is because none of the cells in your body can. It is as silly as saying cancer can't survive in the centre of the sun so we should heat our bodies up to 15 million degrees to get rid of it.

On your side Batz.

I share my seeds with all and sundry.

Ask and I will give

Back