8 Beers you should never drink... supposedly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davedoran

Reaction score
Saw this "article".

Just ridiculous. Dont drink Guinness because it has isinglass. Better not. Or also strike wine off the list.

Big old load of shite
The sooner the anti-GMO brigade die of malnutrition, the better...

Dumb article but you probably shouldn't drink the majority of those beers because they are mostly bland dishwater.

Even if brewers were forced to include ingredients on the label it won't include isinglass anyway because it's not an ingredient, it's a process aid

Here’s some harmful ingredients that are commonly found in beer:

• GMO Corn Syrup
  • GMO Corn
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Fish Bladder
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
  • Natural Flavors
  • GMO Sugars
  • Caramel Coloring
  • Insect-Based Dyes
  • Carrageenan
  • BPA
  • & lots more!
Harmfulness - HFCS > ethanol. Phew..

the "& lots more' is a bit of a worry. It could be ANYTHING...!!!!

I'd actually go out of my way to drink something *because* it had GMO in it.

On the other hand, why not? Different people drink craft beer for different reasons - some for the flavour, others because they like knowing where a product comes from and perhaps like the assurance that it doesn't contain 'unnatural' ingredients like GMO, or ingredients that come from animals, like isinglass or gelatine.From a business perspective, it certainly makes sense to try to appeal to these sections of the market when selling your brew.

I love blowing minds when you mention to people that we've been eating GMO foods for around 14,000 years now...

Can see your point Tim. Guinness would be the only one on that list i would drink anyway. I can definitely understand the marketing idea of making and advertising drinks with no additives and no hidden chemicals but i can see a difference between drink our brand xyz if you like because of reasons abc not 8 beers you should never drink. I think if the author had done a little bit more research the article would have been very different.

sp0rk said:
I love blowing minds when you mention to people that we've been eating GMO foods for around 14,000 years now...
Then tell em all food is organic.

Then show em this.

http://youtu.be/ku6m0TF9CUg

I should be in New York now, was due to leave on Tuesday, 2 weeks ago I had a gastroscopy found a large tumour in my stomach just below my oesophagus, had CAT scan, PET scan and last Thursday another gastroscopy and laparoscopy by the surgeon yesterday a heart check and today my first Chemotherapy.
Chances of survival less than 30%, cause, first question, do you smoke, no, do you drink, yes, how much, how often, because I drink every night, according to the surgeon and oncologist that is the cause.
What a load of pish, it seems that it doesn't matter if one has been hanging around any carcinogenic chemicals it has to be the drink.
I will admit we all know alcohol is toxic but from what I have read there is a myriad of causes for cancer anyhow I have cut out the alcohol and eating an extremely healthy diet, if I don't beat the cancer I will give it a bloody good fright.

On a funny note the Oncologist advised me not to go down Jim Stynes route, I asked what route was that then, he leant forward and said he drank his own urine and had coffee enemas, I jokingly told him I had tried the coffee enema and I didn't like it, he asked why I told they didn't put any sugar in it.

Wide Eyed - Dude. I hope you survive this and are with us and drinking for many years to come.

Thanks Tim I am not the type to give up easily and I am not worried by death, comes to all of us, I could have sworn my stop was further down the road though.

wide eyed and legless said:
Chances of survival less than 30%,
Fark dude... ummm... good luck. Not much more I can say.

Don't want to put d d's post off topic, just thought it was worth mentioning as we must remember we are drinking something that is not good for us when I do get through it I will continue to drink but not every night. (Thanks Airgead)

Agree with jaypes Melbourne

Wishing you all the best mate. Chin up and try maintain a positive attitude. That's the advice my bro got (going through chemo). If you get down and think your sick your body will respond. It's working for him for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back