70l Stock Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a 70L for double batches with no boil overs.

You can always top up after the boil if you go a little smaller..

Cheers Vice

Always go as big as you can... but consider heating and energy needed. Anything over 50Litres and your looking at running new power and bigger elements or big gass burners.

Just find your limitation and sit just inside it.

It is always possible to brew high gravity and dilute in the fermenter too

just been at my old mans and picked up a old 31lt URN will this be suitable for my boiling water? and a 42lt eksy will this be suitble for my mash? I love parents junk :)

just been at my old mans and picked up a old 31lt URN will this be suitable for my boiling water? and a 42lt eksy will this be suitble for my mash? I love parents junk :)

Good score gava,

The urn will be perfect for HLT, ive got a 20ltr Urn and while its great for Mash water(about 13 ltrs), I come up short 3ltrs for my Sparge water(about 23ltrs), and have to use a smaller pot for the shortfall..

42ltr Esky is perfect for singles, mine is 38ltrs and it hold a single batch very nice, couldnt go any bigger in it though.. ;)

CB

Ive got a 27 litre urn for HLT and its fine.

Back