70l Stock Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribalfish

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy a 70L stock pot at a good price?
Also is there a big difference between using a stainless steel pot vs an aluminium one? :huh:

Thanks in advance, Tribal.

Allquip have the 70lt robinox stainless steel pot for $265 plus postage. also have robinox 60lt ally for ~ $100, tempting.

Cheers

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy a 70L stock pot at a good price?
Also is there a big difference between using a stainless steel pot vs an aluminium one? :huh:

Thanks in advance, Tribal.

Hi Tribalfish,
I manage to see a 50L (not sure if you will need much more than that of AG) stainless steel stock pot at Mitre 10 for $80, from what I hear that is pretty good value. I'm assuming Mitre 10 are a national chain so should be able to this where ever you are. Heard that aluminium is best avoided for brewing.

Cheers
Brett

Hi Tribalfish,
I manage to see a 50L (not sure if you will need much more than that of AG) stainless steel stock pot at Mitre 10 for $80, from what I hear that is pretty good value. I'm assuming Mitre 10 are a national chain so should be able to this where ever you are. Heard that aluminium is best avoided for brewing.

Cheers
Brett

Awesome reckon I'l have to check that out, also Tribalfish give op-shops (savers is good) a go and local garage sales and markets a go, not found anything yet but I hear time and time again its the place to go for stuff of that nature

Aaron

Hi Tribalfish,

Cheers
Brett

Whats wrong with aluminium?

Completely off-topic:

I bought a 15.1l stockpot with a glass lid from Kmart yesterday for about $15, because they have 40% off kitchen stuff.

Good for small batches and wotnot...

Hi Tribalfish,

Cheers
Brett

What Mitre 10 was this, and when? sound like a REALLY good deal. anyone seen anything like this in sydney lately?

Cheers!

I went to Mitre 10 in melbourne the other day, pretty sure it looked like they never stocked them! <_<

I see people suggesting 50 to 60L stainless steel.. Im only going to be doing single batchs 21lt to 23lt, would a 50L be over the top? will i get out of trouble with a 30lt or will I suffer from constant boilovers?

If i were you I would go for a 60L pot.. You never know when you'll want to do a double batch and if you go with the 30L pot you won't have that option..

I see people suggesting 50 to 60L stainless steel.. Im only going to be doing single batchs 21lt to 23lt, would a 50L be over the top? will i get out of trouble with a 30lt or will I suffer from constant boilovers?

gava,

You will need a minimum 50ltr pot for single batches, your pre-boil volume will be about 30ltrs.. I use a 50ltr and still get the odd boil-over..

CB

gava,

You will need a minimum 50ltr pot for single batches, your pre-boil volume will be about 30ltrs.. I use a 50ltr and still get the odd boil-over..

CB

If you have a min 50LT for single batches what is the min of a double batch, because I do like the idea of make two batches of a good recipe :) and if im going to fork out the $$ I guess I would rather get a good one first up then getting a couple..

If you have a min 50LT for single batches what is the min of a double batch, because I do like the idea of make two batches of a good recipe :) and if im going to fork out the $$ I guess I would rather get a good one first up then getting a couple..

From what I had seen, the minimum for doubles is 80-100ltrs, you would also need a burner/reg capable of double batches and a big mash-tun..

CB

well forget that idea then.. single batch it is :) man those pots are dear! know any good sites (apart from ebay checked there) that have good deals? (pref victoria)

Latest posts

Back