65 litre RoboBrew Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, the overflow is a precautionary measure, not for the wort to be flowing down the overflow and not through the grain bed, the whole idea is to set the choke so that the wort maintains a steady level just below the overflow the wort then has to g through the grain bed extracting sugars as it goes. They can and do get the level to low so the bottom is scorched, it depends on the grist and the liquor to grain ratio. As I said before, for me it isn't a problem as I do full volume mash.Others can do as they please.

Can we get a response from one of the moderators here please? This seems absurd when a 'Pro' level member is afraid to post a link to a discussion on another site that would be helpful to the wider AHB community.

Also, could someone who owns a Brewzilla let me know whether you can lift the malt pipe out by hand when doing a double batch, or do you need to rig up a pulley and hoist it out?

Keg king do the 50 litre guten. I've got the 40 litre one and it works well. Most of the things I've heard about the brewzilla seem that it's an ok unit aswell. It's a bit bigger capacity but you'll need a 15amp plug to run it at full power. I'm not sure about the 50litre guten plug size, it's elements can go to 3000w but it doesn't mention anything about a 15 amp plug (standard power points are only rated to 2400w)

As far as hoisting, i don't have any trouble lifting 5 kgs of wet grain but depending on how you've got the vessel setup, ie. on a bench or on the ground, it could be easier to rig up a pulley.

I upgraded to the 50 litre Guten run it on 2400 w no problem has the insulating jacket I am going to try it at 2300 w next brew, plus I have the 2 year warranty, also bought the hoist for $12 I think it was.

Keg king do the 50 litre guten. I've got the 40 litre one and it works well. Most of the things I've heard about the brewzilla seem that it's an ok unit aswell. It's a bit bigger capacity but you'll need a 15amp plug to run it at full power. I'm not sure about the 50litre guten plug size, it's elements can go to 3000w but it doesn't mention anything about a 15 amp plug (standard power points are only rated to 2400w)

As far as hoisting, i don't have any trouble lifting 5 kgs of wet grain but depending on how you've got the vessel setup, ie. on a bench or on the ground, it could be easier to rig up a pulley.

Thanks mate. I'm well aware of the Guten and had the opportunity to see one in action over the holiday period. I've got a Robobrew already and have a slight preference towards that. Plus the Brewzilla is 65 litres v 50 litres for the Guten and gaining extra capacity is my main motivation.

Lifting 8 kilos out of the Robobrew is not a problem for me. I'm wondering whether 16 Kg might be a bit of a challenge.

16kg (even double that) isn't really that much weight to lift for most men.

I can lift my 65L malt pipe with one hand without too much strain. You are not lifting it very high or very long.

16kg (even double that) isn't really that much weight to lift for most men.

I can lift my 65L malt pipe with one hand without too much strain. You are not lifting it very high or very long.
It might not be a big lift but it’s an awkward lift with the wet grain plus a fairly slow drain making it quite a bit more than 16kg. I may just be soft though.

I have mine setup on a stand so it is very awkward lifting even 6kg grain bill as it is too high. If it was on the ground it would be easy so therefore it depends a lot on the setup. I have installed a pulley.

Likewise, 10+ kg of grain when it’s alresdy raised off the ground can be tricky, and I’m not a small bloke.
Pulley in the garage is on the to do list

Would there be any interest in a 60 litre SVB?
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:
Likewise, 10+ kg of grain when it’s alresdy raised off the ground can be tricky, and I’m not a small bloke.
Pulley in the garage is on the to do list
I’ve got mine on a diy trolley with a pulley on an overhead bar. It makes for a lot less excitement.

No, a new one on the market, I have been asked to give a review, I asked to make more than one available, maybe 3 or 5 units to get a fair review, waiting to hear back.

I don't have a Brewzilla or Robobrew, my mate has the 65 litre Brewzilla he sent me this pic from the Brewzilla Robobrew users group and he tells me his Brewzilla ended up the same.
Seems to be quite a few who has encountered the same problem so just be aware of the danger.
The pic will not download so best to check it out on facebook.

Back