600kpa tesuco gauge swappable with different brand 30psi?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

stretch69

Reaction score
hi guys,

I have a tesuco dual guage reg , my gas bottle was recently knocked over and screwed up the 0-600kpa gauge.

I had already wanted to try and change this gauge anyway coz i found it a bitch to fine tune, i was hoping to swap it with a 0-30psi gauge if possible.

this place has these gauges
http://www.beverageequipmentco.com/BEC_Co2_regulators__parts.htm
but i dont know if i can just swap them over, im hoping the actaul reg is stuffed as well,

not sure what way to go, any ideas?

thanks

woodwormm

Reaction score
no probs swapping them over, i've done it on a couple regs... but i'd go the 60psi...

rule of thumb with gauges is only ever use them up to 2/3 of their max. so a 30psi should only go to 20 in normal use.

I purge kegs and seal lids at 30psi so the 60 gauge is best for me as i can safely go up to 40.

enjoy.

oh and if you want to source locally

http://www.ifsaus.com.au/

(no affiliation - just a happy customer)

stretch69

Reaction score
hey mate, went past after work and showed them my gauge, they said the ones they sell have the same thread but dont have the little hole/nipple so prob wouldn't work.
trying to upload a pic

woodwormm

Reaction score
hmmm, not sure what they're on about... pressure is pressure, shouldn't matter what size the hole is..

stretch69

Reaction score
yeah thats what i thought, rang tesuco, they reckon it has something to do with sealing it. i reckon if i put plenty of thread tape on it hopefully it will be okay, think i'll try that

Latest posts