60 L Wheelie Bins

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seamad

beer dog
Reaction score
In junk mail today crazy clarks have the 60 L wheelie bins that fit a full sack on sale for $9.99.
Just bought 6 for my base grains 2 weeks ago for$12.99.
Might grab a couple more for spec grains.

only in pink ?

thanks think i might get a couple :)

Sure does kev, just wheel it out, no lifting sacks,real easy, probably rodent proof with a brick on the lid.

Plastic stops no keen rodent, only solid poison :)

Thick plastic slows them down somewhat. We get bushrats up here and the smart buggers know what poison and traps are.
Keep the chook food in a metal bin andfound a mouse in there one day. Have had the dogfood in an old plastic chlorine drum for ten years, it is well chewed but not perforated so that counts as rodent proof.

Surely you blokes are like me and live 8 minutes from Craftbrewer and still can see the water at breakfast! Why would you bother with bulk grain :D

Hey, Cocko. Where's ya wheelie bin?

Seriously?

Mice can chew through plastic bins?

WTF! Do you live next to a plutonium processing plant?
Absolutely they can. Probably more the bigger rat like mice that are the problem, and more if there's no other easier food source around.

I recently poisoned a heap of mice. They ate 2 boxes of rat pellets leaving a stack of green coloured nuggets around my grain mill. I restocked and they came back the next day!

... haven't seen them since though...

When I bought my place it had massive rat holes in the skirting boards - needless to say I think the local population of rats has evolved to destroy anything in it's path. I keep my grain (brewing and surplus chook feed) in the downstairs dunny (unused and clean obviously, and sitting on the lid not in the bowl :p) and with a completely sealed room - a tightly wedged door and pieces of timber blocking the gap at the base of the door the little bastards still get in. The "working" supply of chook food lives in the chook shed in a blue plastic bin with a lid that locks on and nothing has gone near it.

If I eventually get a mill I will stock up on the big blue drums for sure. They're available in lots of sizes at Capalaba produce which is just around the corner from Craftbrewer.

Ed

Back