5kg/1g Digital Scales, $30 On Special

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
Wifey called me the other day while shopping asking if I wanted some digital scales.

Said they were max 5kg load, with 1gram increments.
Sticker price was $49.95, reduced to $30. ALL Most other digi-scales at this price are max 3kg loads.

Any guesses what I said? :rolleyes: :super:

They seem to work really well, but have not been able to qualify the reading with a calibration. (mental note to self - calibrate tonight and reply back here)
Measurement units in KG, Grams, Oz, Lb. Features a tare/zero button, etc

Purchase from our local Homeart (ex Copperart) shop.
Their website says they have an "Up to 80% off" sale until 15th April 2007.
See here http://www.homeart.com.au/store_location.html for store locations.

I took a photo of the box and the details:
Scale1.JPG Scale2.JPG
:beer:
Tim.

Sounds perfect for home brewing. Thanks for letting everyone know. Buy your missus a bunch of flowers. Who knows what else she will find for you.

As Jamil says "get yourself some good 1g scales to put in your brewery, you know the ones you use for your crack"

Cheers
JSB

Updated OP with photos.
They also seem reasonably accurate - I used 1L and 2L of water to measure. It's hard to be 100% sure, cos I'm not confident the Pyrex jug has an accurate measurement either.

Anyone local got some scale-weights I can borrow? :)
Tim.

Careful. My Pyrex jug is out by about 7%. The day I found out resulted in me calibrating every (brew) measuring instrument against a base of two 50g calibration weights that came with my drug dealer electronic scales. They only go to 100g though.

Hilarity ensued.

Back