50lt Swan Brewery Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshTreeBrewery

Reaction score
I have two 50LT Swan Brewey Kegs and wondered what couplers might work with it?
I've seen VB and Toohey's couplers for sale, but don't know if they're compatible.
All info welcome.

I also have a tooheys keg that i am going to use to keg beer.

I have the coupler and fittings, beer line and tap.

how are you going to fill it at the ash tree brewery

I have some ideas in my head but would like some opinions.

tony
i cant remember the exact post title but refilling x brand kegs has been covered on this forum.do a search and im sure you will come up with the relevant post.
the x brand from memory was tooheys.

cheers
big d

ATB
i have a keg coupling just like that.
Just bought snap locks and shanks for it - gas and liquid.

Would be looking around 85.00 if you are interested in it.

PM me if u are...

Tony said:
how are you going to fill it at the ash tree brewery

I have some ideas in my head but would like some opinions.
Fill it like the brewery's do upside down in through the gas port and vent out of the beverage port.

Use your wheelbarrow or similar as a stand

Ausdb

Justin,

I'm the guy you sent the pics to for your auction.

I'll keep both offers in mind thanks guys, but i'm lucky enough to have a neighbour who owns a pub, and he's promised a freebie at the moment.

Nice score, you might be able to land a number of goodies off him as the breweries rarely take back the gear after fitouts etc. Search for Tooheys kegs to find out how to get them apart, there are a number of topics on it. I'll see if I can find a few though.

Cheers and good luck with your quest.

Justin

I found this post that solved my problem for getting the spear back, works like a dream and I can remove the whole lot easily anytime I want.

"I worked out the kegs.
They are the ones with the flat metal center and rubber ring in the center.
You push down on the rubber ring against the spring preasure, lift the metal center at the same time and twist it to disengage the spear.
Then you just unscrew the top and the lot comes out.

the center spear has a 3 pin rotating locking system and one of the pins is extended to make it dificult to remove the spear.
Easy
just file it down so it still locks in but can be easily removed and installed each time by simply screwing the main top of the spear assembly."

thanks to Grumpy's forums for the info.

Latest posts

Back