50LT or 80LT stock pot

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Batsuperhulk

Reaction score
Hey everyone

My names Arron. First post and new brewer. Have done 2 extract and one partial mash brews in a 20L pot.

I’m loving all of this and wanting to move over to all grain BIAB and have an opportunity to get a 80L pot for $50.

I have only brewed 23L batches would an 80L pot be overkill? I just feel for that price it’s too hard to give up.
Thanks in advance

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
That is an excellent price.

It's big necessarily an overkill. Might give you the opportunity to do double batches.

gaijin

Reaction score
Gday Arron. Go the 80L for sure. That is an amazing price, however only if it's second hand. A brand new one for that price is sure to be a cheap Chinese-made pot with crap welds. When I was buying up for my build 6 years ago, I read lots about the welds failing in the cheap pots.

Amateur and professional brewers alike will always recommend buying with a future upgrade in mind. If you eventually decide to do 2x23L brews in future, you can fit a 50-60L boil in that pot without it boiling over. If not, who cares; the only downside of a pot that big is it takes up a bit of storage space. My 70L pot is right on the limit and I regularly have small boil-overs.

Batsuperhulk

Reaction score
The only thing I worry about is it being such a small boil in the huge pot haha

Latest posts