• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

50l Stainless Keg Cut Out Lid, Pre-drilled For Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaos

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have started to downgrade my brewery as I am considering giving up brewing for a while. I will keep my 60L pot for BIAB, but getting rid of kegs that were going to be a 3V setup. When I bought my kegerator I got given a couple of kegs and I drilled and cut the lids out of them. I've spent a lot of time, and cash buying hole saws and grinding and flap wheels to make this happen.

This keg has had the lid cut out and flap-wheeled to smooth it out, and pre-drilled tap hole is ready to go.

Happy with $40 for this, as I know everyone here is a bunch of tight arses! haha I am the same, and recognise the need for a good bargain.

I'm also selling this 2L erlenmeyer flask, that has a tubular insert on the side.

I'm after $15 for this as it is Pyrex branded, and it will not be posted. Sorry but it is not worth the hassle!

Cheers,

Clint

keg1.jpg

eBayJuly2012_027.jpg

That would make a good kettle. Pity you're not in Adelaide. :mellow:

Yeah, that was the plan. I have another that I have got for a kettle as well which has the tap mounted on it too.

Yeah, it's upside down though :) I cut it open (depressurised first! this is super important) by cutting around the top and the dip tube is still attached. I find this easier than trying to remove the dip tube. It's very hard to do without a special tool.

Back